Chapter 61

Sophia

"Eat up, beautiful. Anything bothering you?" I heard Enzo's voice at the dinner table.

We are all here having dinner. Enzo stayed too. They are following some lead to find Russo. I wish they find him soon before he kill my brother. I know where he is and I know the information I am withholding will shatter Damon's trust in me. But Chuck, how can I risk his life. "You have to dig whole United States to find the body parts of your brother" I remember his words. "I will kill Enzo" the only thing I can see right now is Enzo.

"Sophia??" I heard Enzo's voice again. "Yeah" I said acknowledging him and trying to remember what he asked. All I could see is the smile that I am supposed to kill. "What happened, you aren't eating? He asked again. "I-I am not hungry." I said with half a smile. I got up and turned to leave when I heard a sound and I screamed loudly with my hands on my ears trying to hide myself from the gunshots.

"Doll?" I felt Don shaking me out if my fear. I looked around and it wasn't a gunshot it was a plate that fell from Alysia's hand while serving food to Ric. All eyes were on me. "You okay sister in law?" Next we will get rid of junior Caprio. No I can't let anything happen to Ric. I felt Don's hand on my shoulders turning me to him "Doll, what happened? You look like you saw a murder or something." I irritated jerked his hands "Why would you say that?" I asked almost screaming.  Why would he say a murder. "No one will die. No one will die" I turned mumbling to leave.

He held my hand. The look in his eyes made me gulp in fear. Fear of being called up on my lie. "Sit" he said and I sat back slowly. He touched my face "You know you can talk to me. I can see something is bothering you. Tell me. Maybe I can help you" he asked softly. Of course you can help me. You are the king Don you can save me. I am so scared please help me Damon. Save my brother and save me. "Doll? Tell me. If you aren't comfortable, you and I can talk alone" he said as I was staring at him without uttering the words I want to say. I smiled at him "I am fine Don. I really am. I just had a nightmare yesterday and that sudden sound reminded me of that. That's it. I am fine really" . I said smiling and got up to leave.

"Wait" he said and I halted in my steps. Why is he not believing me? Why is he asking so many questions? I turned towards him "Have you spoken to Charles lately?" He asked and my eyes widen at his question. Why is he asking about Chuck? "Um--um yeah" I said with a stutter. I can feel sweat on my forehead and shiver in my hands. "Really, when?" I gulped "um-uh we talked uh-last-last night." I said in a breaking voice. "hmmm" he hummed in response looking at Enzo. "W-why you uh-asked? I asked him looking anywhere but him. "My men who are supposed to keep a watch on him for his security, you know. They aren't getting any action from him. He hasn't left his flat. Are you sure he is okay?". He said. No he is not okay. He is in danger. Please save him Damon. Please. "Ye-yes he is o-okay. Just under the weather that's why he wanted to stay at home only." I told him another lie. "Really, you don't want to go see him? If you want I can ask Zack to have a look?" "No! I-I mean I have spoken to-to him. He is f-fine. He wants to rest and I guess he will be fine in a day or two." Zack cannot go see him. No one can. They will know he is not there. "Okay" he said that I didn't hear.  I was engrossed in my own thoughts. No. Don will know I am lying. But maybe if he knows he is not there, he can save him. I could act like I didn't know. He can save him. "Doll?" He shook me. "Y-yeah" I said coming out of my thoughts. "I said okay. You were leaving, right?" He said. "Yeah, yeah" I said and turned to go to our room. I halted at the staircase. I got my breath back as I held the railing. My hand reached my chest witnessing my heavy breathing.

"Doll" "Ahh!" I screamed in shocked as he hold my shoulder. "Hey you okay? I nodded in affirmation. "Look at me Doll" and I did "Its just you and I. You can tell me whatever is bothering." "I am okay  why are you asking me again and again. I said I am ok. Then why are you pushing it." I said to him rudely brushing his hand away and climbed the stairs without waiting for his answer.