🌞Chapter 19🌻

🌞🌻

An English breakfast was served by room service the next morning.

Freshly squeezed orange juice and cornflakes, fried eggs, crisp bacon, piping hot sausages, steamed tomatoes and mushrooms, toast, and tea. It was a lot to eat so early on the morning, but Gulf polished it all off.

"You always seem happiest when you're eating, Gulf," Mew commented, laughing.

"I haven't had something as lavish as this since I came to England," Gulf said, red-faced, trying to excuse his behavior.

"Just watching you makes me happy. It's been a while since I felt that," Mew said brightly, looking straight at Gulf.

'What is this guy's life usually like?'

It was strange to Gulf. Mew had a fortune and never needed to work. Just the money he had spent yesterday was a huge amount. It was a frivolousness that a commoner could never understand. And he lived in an opulent apartment in a high-end housing area. He was young, had a title and a beautiful face that made everyone stare. Normal people dreamed about everything that was a reality for him. What did happiness mean to someone like him?

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" Gulf asked suddenly. He had been wondering about that. He was sure that the woman Mew couldn't seduce didn't exist. It seemed to make more sense to seduce the woman he was interested in than to recruit a fall guy.

"A girlfriend?" Mew seemed a little surprised by this unexpected question. "Maybe the girl in front of me right now," he teases, expertly dodging the question.

"What are your plans for today anyway?" Gulf asked, changing the subject when he realized how rude it was to question Mew about his romantic interests.

"Oh yes. Where would you like to go?" Mew asked.

"The zoo," Gulf said after some hesitation.

"The zoo?" Mew echoed, confused.

"It's actually an assignment for school." Gulf admitted. "We have to mimic animals. So I have to find an animal to use as reference."

"I haven't been to the zoo since elementary school," Mew said. "That might be nice for a change of pace."

Gulf was relieved that the man had agreed.

The two went out together to the London Zoo in Regency Park. This zoo let in for free all theater students with ID. But dressed up like a woman, Gulf wes reluctant to show his ID. He instead paid the entance fee with Mew.

Despite the blustering winter wind, there were as many visitors to the zoo as in any other weekend. Families. Young lovers. He even saw some classmates who had come for the same reason he had.

He felt very nervous whenever he passed a classmare, but thanks to the long wig and make up, no one ever recognized him.

He was in a strange frame of mind.

TBC