🌞Chapter 51🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf removed the thin salmon pink dress he'd been wearing and changed into the pure white dress that was set out for him. The four beauticians who had been waiting touched up his make up, undid his hair, and then put it up again in a different style.

"You look more beautiful than we expected!" one of the women said, thrilled.

The other women spoke without the slightest inhibition.

"How beautiful your black hair and eyes are!"

"I feel like less of a woman next to you."

Gulf smiled wryly. "If you say so, but I'm a man."

"What a horrible thing to say!" they exclaimed. "Here, have a look at yourself."

Gulf took a cautious look at himself in the full-length mirror. His back and chest were more exposed than he'd thought they would be, but he'd fixed the padding down well and the lines of his body were beautiful. A diamond-studded choker circled his neck, shining gloriously. He wore the blue diamond ring on his left ring finger.

There was a knock at the door and Mew came in.

"Gulf, are you almost---" Mew fell silent as soon as he saw his
'bride.'

"Do I look all right?" Gulf asked Mew nervously.

"Yes. You're beautiful," Mew choked.

The women nodded. "Of course she is. After all, the best in London have put her together!"

"Maybe the best in England!"

The women laughed amongst themselves, but Mew couldn't take his eyes off Gulf.

🌞

🌻

The ceremony took place in the garden.

Spring had come early this year. The crocus and narcissus were blooming everywhere, and the trees were dyed in fresh greens. An unimaginable beauty had sprung up from the winter face of the garden.

The guest had been quite surprised when the indoor engagement party suddenly became an outdoor wedding, but everyone looked satisfied with the ceremony in the beautiful garden.

Gulf's heart was slowly sinking in the face of all these people's happiness. The guilt he felt at deceiving all the people who had come to celebrate was combined with his misery at having to leave Mew in the middle of their fight. The two emotions together completely devastated him.

At last, the ceremony was over, and the two joined hands and returned to the house. The guests went home, but the new 'couple' had to continue deceiving the servants, who still suspected nothing.

"Warmest congratulations, Master Mew," the always expressionless butler said with tears in his eyes. "I'm sure you'll take wonderful care of him, ma'am."

'Ma'am?'

Gulf felt a wash of conflicting emotions at the change in his title. He couldn't bear to see this kind old man for the last time tomorrow.

"Don't say such tactless things, old man," Mew said, gently chiding the butler.

"Quite right, sir. I've prepared the bedroom your parents used to use. Have a good night." The butler bowed his head, and all the other servants bowed in unison.

Mew and Gulf joined hands and, smiling at each other, went into the room together.

TBC