🌞Chapter 48🌻

🌞🌻

Mew was anxious.

Their act would be over in a little more than a week. Before that happened, he wanted to apologize to Gulf again for what had happened that night. But he couldn't seem to find the right time to say something. And besides, Gulf was obstinate.

'I'll never forgive you as long as I live.'

For the rest of his life. Mew didn't think he would ever forget the pale face that had glared at him then.

In public and with Mild, Gulf acted friendly, but as soon as they were alone together, his behavior did an about-face and he wouldn't say a single word to him. Mew had begun to understand the depth of Gulf's anger.

He had hoped that he would have an opportunity to apologize by having Gulf stay at the apartment, but it had been fruitless.

In order to escape the pain, he ended up reaching for a bottle. Ever since his parents had died it had been like this. Whatever something got to be too much for him, he could only be happy while drinking. But since he'd met Gulf, he realized he preferred being with the man to being drunk. But now, the paib had returned.

Suddenly the bell rang, announcing a visitor.

'Must be Mild.'

Mew wasn't thinking very clearly due to being drunk. When he blindly opened the door. Yaya stood before him.

The doorman posted at the building entrance checked all his visitors. But it was well known that Yaya was Mew's cousin, so the doorman had simply let her in.

"Hello, Mew." Yaya smile brightly. "Where might your lovely fiancee be?"

"I wonder," Mew murmured.

"I'd love to see her," his cousin crooned.

"I doubt she wants to see you," Mew said bluntly.

"Probably not," Yaya aggred. "But it's about time you realized the kind of person she is."

"It's only afternoon," Mew said tiredly. "Can this wait until I'm more awake?".

"How pathetic." Yaya smiled at Mew pityingly. "Anyway, I'd like to talk to your fiancee."

Yaya shoved her way past him and went aside.

"You're a little pushy, cousin," he commented.

Gulf must have heard Yaya making a commotion. He appeared in the hall, flawlessly dressed as a woman. "Uh, did you want to see me?"

"I came to expose you for what you really are." Yaya pulled a photograph from her purse. "Can you explain this to me?" The picture she showed Gulf was dated March 27th and showed Gulf leaving a hotel with Bright.

"That's not the only picture I've got." She shoved the other photo to Mew, letting her cousin get a good look. It was a picture of Gulf and Bright kissing by the Thames.

Mew felt the blood draining from his face.

TBC