🌻Chapter 32

🌻

Gulf stared dumbly at what was happening.

All of the effort he had put into preparing for today was for nothing.

"Who was that woman?" Gulf asked Mild after Mew had gone. He couldn't restrain the demanding tone in his voice.

"Lady Yaya, Mew's cousin, and a candidate for becoming his bride" was the explanation.

"His cousin?" Gulf echoed.

A light went off in his head. The two had shared a certain aura.

"He said he doesn't want to marry her. Who does she think she is?" After a pause, he murmured, "but she is beautiful, isn't she?"

She had been incomparable, even beside Mew. They would make a good couple indeed.

"There's a lot going on behind the scenes," Mild said. "That woman you just see drove away her first husband. Well, it's going to take a while to explain, so why don't we go to the party too?"

"Without Mew?" Gulf's voice was suddenly sullen. Mew was Mew. He had run off with his cousin the moment she called him. It was partly Gulf's own fault for freezing when he heard that the queen would attend, but all he had wanted was reassurance from Mew. But to just be left behind instead...

'If he had just said 'You'll be fine'...'

Remembering how Mew and Yaya had been snuggling made Gulf feel irritated. He honestly felt that he was the one who belonged to Mew's side.

'But he doesn't need me.'

Somehow, this thought made Gulf's heart ache.

"We'll meet him there," Mild said. "Besides you heard that the queen is supposed to be making an appearance. You can't let the chance to attend a party like this just slip by!" He grinned, trying to encourage Gulf.

TBC