🌞Chapter 54🌻

🌻

The next morning, Gulf was awakened at dawn by the loud chorus of birds.

Mew lay still beside him, breathing peacefully in his sleep, still completely naked. He must have been used to the birds, since he'd lived here so much longer.

Gulf's body was still heavy with the sweet fatigue of the night before and his heart was light.

It was only beginning to grow light outside.

'We still have a half a day together'

According to the contract they had agreed to with Mild, he and Mew would part at Heathrow airport and then be complete strangers for the rest of their lives.

'I'm glad I told him how I feel before we parted forever.'

Gulf burrowed into the bed again, pressing his body against Mew's, and closed his eyes.

🌞

🌻

🌞

At first, Mew thought he was still dreaming. When he woke up, Gulf was asleep in his arms. The person he loved was sleeping in his arms. It was a dream he'd had often.

He gently touched Gulf's cheek. His fingers felt the warmth of living skin.

"Mm...mm?" Gulf rolled over.

The gentle spring sunlight played over the mark Mew had feverishly traced down Gulf's neck to his collarbone and on his chest.

"It wasn't a dream," Mew murmured. A smile spilled from his face, unhidden.

Gulf was an amazing boy. Mew had been bewitched by him ever since their first meeting at the pub in the bad part of London. He had been captivated, and oppressed by emotions he was unfamiliar with. And as his emotions had grown more powerful, he had committed that horrible violation. But Gulf had forgiven him. More than that, he had offered himself to Mew again.

Mew was enveloped by the feeling of being loved, which he had never known before. It was the feeling lie had dreamed of ever since his childhood.

🌞

🌻

🌞🌻

When Gulf woke up again, his eyes met Mew's, who was gazing at his face.

"You should have woken me up too, if you were already awake," Gulf said, turning a little red with shyness.

"I couldn't stop looking at you," Mew admitted. "You kooked so happy asleep."

"I actually woke up earlier," Gulf said. "But you were completely oblivious, despite all the noise the birds were making."

All Mew could do was laugh.

"But if we don't get up soon, someone will come," Gulf added.

"No one would do something so tactless on the morning after our wedding." Mew rolled on top of Gulf and unleashed a flurry of kisses on him.

"I'm hungry," Gulf said.

He blushed up to his eyebrows at what Mew whispered in his ear. "You'll have plenty to eat soon. But right now I have a better idea"

TBC