🌞Chapter 47🌻

🌞🌻

Life at the apartment was nothing but suffering.

When they were alone together, Mew and Gulf never spoke, even when they ran into each other. Being completely alone in a huge room, speaking to no one was boring and Gulf felt like he was going crazy.

While lying around in bed, his thoughts drifted to Mew. He knew the man was out there somewhere.

In addition to his grand home in London, Mew had an estate with an army of servants and had never in his life had to work. At first, Gulf had been surprised that someone so blessed by life actually existed. But the man didn't actually seem very happy. His parents had died without ever paying any attention to him, his relatives were trying to steal his fortune. And he was being forced to marry.

'I wonder what Mew will do once this sham marriage is over?'

True as he might, Gulf couldn't imagine anything, but Mew being swallowed up by his negligent lifestyle again.

There was a knock at the door and Gulf jumped up.

Mew opened the door and stood by it with a pained expression. "They want to do your dress fitting and makeup test in the living room," he said, telling Gulf what was needed in as few words as possible.

Gulf nodded silently. When he went to the living roon, he saw a pure white wedding dress along with dozens of other dresses in various bright colors waiting for him. Any girl would have been enraptured at the sight, but Gulf was only oppressed by the mountain of swirling cloth.

"How many do I need to wear in all?" he asked, horrified.

"One for the engagement party and one wedding dress for the ceremony. So two in total," a woman answered, one of the designers contracted on condition of total secrecy.

"If I only need to choose two dresses, why are there so many others?" Gulf wondered.

"We won't know which one is best until you try them, will we?" the woman pointed out.

"Oh." Gulf looked around for an escape, but Mew had disappeared. He was then forced to try on so many dresses that he felt like a doll.

Once they had chosen the dresses, the beauticians arrived. This group manipulated his hair endlessly and slathered make up on his face, and when it was all over he was exhausted.

'Is this punishment for complaining about being bored?' Gulf grumbled.

There was a lot to do to prepare for the wedding in 10-days, and it seemed he wouldn't have time to be bored anymore.

TBC