🌻Chapter 42

🌻

As the end of the semester drew closer, the classes became much harder as everyone tried to finish the assigned work for each teacher. The students were always wiped out after the end of the semester.

If Gulf had still been at Mew's apartment, dinner would have appeared without him lifting a finger, but now he had to fend for himself. He didn't want to use the money Mew had given him no matter what.

As he was mulling over what to do, on his way out of school, someone called his name.

"Gulf!"

His eyes widened. He saw Bright standing beside the school gate.

"No way," he whispered, shocked.

"Why not?" his friend grinned toothily.

"What are you doing here, Bright?" Gulf cried out.

"I'm on spring break," Bright explained. "I've always wanted to take a trip to some foreign country, so I had money saved up. Then I heard you were in London, so...Oh, did you get my letter?"

"Yeah, I saw it yesterday," Gulf said.

"It took that long to get here?" Bright mused.

"I haven't been at home lately, so it probably get there earlier," Gulf explained.

"Oh, so that's why you never picked up all the times I called," he said. "But I'm glad you read it anyway."

Gulf smiled. "I am too."

"We didn't leave on very good terms " Bright said hesitantly. "I had no idea what I'd do if you'd just thrown it without reading it."

"I'm sorry. I acted like such a child." Two years after the fact, Gulf could finally apologize honestly.

"It's not your fault, Gulf. I acted like a complete idiot." Bright's face reddened.

"How long are you staying here, Bright?" Gulf asked, changing the subject.

"I"m here on an 11-day package," was the reply. "I arrived last night."

"No way!" Gulf exclaimed. "That's too bad though. I still have school, so I can only see you this weekend."

"One weekened is good enough," Bright said. "I really had no idea what I'd do if you didn't want to see me."

"I know! Why don't you stay with me instead of at a hotel?" Gulf suggested. "Then we can catch up at night."

"But won't that be too much trouble for you?" Bright asked.

"I bought a sofa bed because I was sure people would come visit from Thailand," Gulf said. "But no one's come yet. I want you to stay with me Bright," he insisted.

"Really?" Bright asked then exclaimed. "Great!"

"But just so you know, my room is really small," Gulf warned.

"I'm not excpecting anything fancy." Bright laughed happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bright came to Gulf's room carrying a massive bag full of instant food.

"You've gotten smart Bright," Gulf said impressed. When they were in high school, Bright had been very easygoing and he had to look out for his friend all the time.

"As long as you've got food, you're happy." Bright quickly shut his mouth.

"How can you say that?" Gulf teased.

"I brought it so you wouldn't chase me off after two years," his friend confessed.

"Well, it's a big help," Gulf said, satisfied. "My food budget is really tight this month."

Bright looked relieved. "I'm really glad I came to London. I'm glad we could see each other again." His eyes were damp.

"You're being melodramatic, Bright," Gulf remarked.

"But I could never get a hold of you when I called," Bright said, "I asked your family about it, and they told me if I came to see you at school I'd probaby find you. I'd been waiting for you at the gate since noon.

Gulf was moved almost to tears by Bright's words.

TBC