🌞Chapter 55🌻

🌞🌻

After they had a private brunch in the sunroom, the two loaded their bags in the car and set off for Heathrow airport.

After leaving the estate, Gulf said almost nothing.

Mew didn't think much of it, attributing it to fatigue from last night and this morning. His own head was full of his own happiness. As they approached the airport, he stole a look at Gulf sitting beaide him in the passenger seat, and saw that Gulf's eyes were bright red. The man looked as if he was about to cry.

"Gulf?" Mew cried in concern. "What's wrong?"

'Did I do something wrong?' Even after all this time, Mew didn't understand Gulf's feelings.

"We're really going to leave each other after all," Gulf said, a tear falling from his eye.

"What?" At first Mew didn't understand what Gulf meant at all. He stared uncomprehending at Gulf. He thought he'd proven his love for the other man last night and this morning. He couldn't understand why Gulf was talking about parting. He was nearly in panic.

Then he suddenly remembered the photos Yaya had shown them. The ones showing Gulf kissing his friend.

"Gulf, can you really not give up your friend Bright?" Without realizing it, his voice became dangerous.

"Why would you bringBright up at a time like this?" Gulf looked at Mew, blinking the tears from his eyes.

"Well, if not him, then why do you think we need to part?" Mew asked. "All I could think of was that you coulfn't forget your old boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Gulf raised his eyebrows. "Mew you suspected me and Bright?"

He became clearly angry.

"No. I mean..." Mew grew incoherent in the face of Gulf's fury. "I couldn't think of anything else that would be upsetting you Gulf."

"But you signed the contract too, didn't you?" Gulf shouted. "If we break the contract, you pay a penalty, and if not, we leave each other at the airport and never see each other again."

"Isn't it obvious that the contract is over?" Mew said.

Another tear fell from Gulf's eyes. "You never said anything about it, so I just assumed..."

"I'm sorry," Mew apologized. "I never say the most importnant things."

Gulf shook his head. "It's okay. I get it now."

"No, listen to me Gulf. It's important." Mew's voice conveueed his resolve.

Gulf wiped away his tears and looked at him. "What?"

"I'm giving up my fortune," Mew announced.

Gulf's eyes widened.

Mew continued. "I'm sure that'll shut my annoying relatives. And in exchange, I'll be free. Will you stay with me even if I have nothing, Gulf?"

Gulf laughed. "I can't imagine you without money."

He had the smile of an angel, and never ceased to charm Mew.

"Well, will you?" Mew prompted.

Gulf slowly nodded.

Mew beamed. They continued on to the airport, and to a lifetime spent together.

END