🌞Chapter 25🌻

🌞🌻

A fresh scent came to Gulf's nostrils.

'It smells like Mew's cologne,' he thought sleepily.

Something warm brushed his lips. When he opened his eyes, he saw Mew's smiling face in front of him.

"You should get up," Mew said. "It's time for dinner."

"I'm sorry," Gulf got up quickly.

Mew had put on a white tie. He was dressed as if he was going out to a party, though it was just dinner at home. Gulf was confused.

"Should I change too?" he inquired.

"Probably," was the answer. "It's rather formal, so maybe a dinner dress?"

Someone had brought the bags they'd packed into the car at London into the room while Gulf had been asleep. He took out a cream colored, raw silk, floor-length dress. It was a slightly open at the chest, but if he wore a high-collared beaded jacket, that wouldn't be a problem. He put up his hair and cleared the signs of sleep from his face, put on some lipsticks, and the preparations were complete.

"It doesn't look weird?" Gulf asked Mew.

He was a little uneasy since the man had watched the entire process in silence.

"It's fine. You look cute." Mew nodded,looking satisfied. "Well then, my baby, may I take your hand?"

Gulf gingerly put his hand around the offered arm.

The sun had already set and the windows were filled with deep black shadows. Passing through the dim gallery, they went downstairs. Gulf was escorted into a spacious dining room and was seated at a dinner table that could easily seat eight people. A lit candelabra was placed on the table and the silver tableware was meticulously set out.

Once Mew had escorted Gulf to his place, he took his own seat.

There were only the two of them at the table. But there were number of waiters, including the butler, standing behind them among the wall.

The meal began with hors d' oeuvres and soup, like a truly sophisticated dinner, but Gulf was so nervous that he could barely taste the food. Making conversation with his host was also difficult. He was so concious of the people listening behind them that it was all he could do is nod in response to the conversation so as to avoid slipping up.

"Kana, are you nervous?" Mew asked curiously, seeing Gulf's awkward behavior. He chuckled when Gulf nodded. "Even though you're an actor?"

For Gulf, it was stranger that Mew was so calm about being watched by so many people. But it was probably because he had grown up being served by people and had become immune to the gaze of others.

Gulf tried to return Mew's irony in kind. "You're a better performer than I am."

"I'd never thought of that," Mew laughed happily, as if something had greatly amused him.

TBC