🌞Chapter 36🌻

🌞🌻

On the drive hone, Mew still seemed upset and remained silent the entire time.

Gulf was starting to get irritated too. However he looked at the situation, he couldn't think of anything he had done wrong. It was all Mew's fault. Yaya was the one who had stained the dress so he couldn't dance in front of everyone. And Mew was responsible for not supervising her at the party. And it was Mew who had left him behind in the first place.

He got far before an idea struck him. 'He's not mad that I came to the party with Mild after he left me behind, is he?'

Thinking about it some more, he realized that Yaya would make a truly faultless fiancee. Maybe Mew had seen her and changed his mind about their plan. If that was the case, Gulf was just getting in the way.

He didn't know where he stood or how to act.

While Gulf was lost in his own thoughts, the car arrived at Mew's apartment. The two got into the elevator silently and retired to their separate rooms without saying a word.

As Gulf was pulling his dress off, he felt a nagging doubt.

'What have I been doing here?'

Of course, he had begun doing all this for money. But he had suffered through the cross-dressing and waltzing lessons, both of which he hated, by telling himself that he was doing it for Mew. Otherwise, he never would have taken part in this almost criminal plan. He had been able to come this far because he genuinely thought he was helping Mew.

And now all that effort was for nothing.

'If he's goong to cancel the contract, I wish he'd hurry up and do it,' he thought.

More money than he could even imagine had been tied up in this plan from the very beginning. And if it was called off, he would have no reason to live in this apartment anymore. His life here had been more comfortable than he'd expected, but he couldn't be spoiled by Mew's indulgence any longer.

Afrer he had finished changing, he gathered his courage and went to Mew's room.

TBC