▫️Asset Out Of Containment▫️

💞Trinity💞

I'm curled up on the couch with a pillow under my head. Dave and Roxie had to go talk to Clair Dearing who I remember is the woman my dad went out with once. It didn't end well. My headache is gone, but I've got a pretty good bruise on my forehead and Kenji's been in a foul mood since he woke up this morning.

Ben is on the other end of the couch drawing with crayons, Yaz and Sammy are on the couch across from the one I'm lying on and Kenji is sulking in a chair. Actually I just now realize that Brooklynn isn't here and neither is Darius. The doors burst open and I look to see it's Darius. "What up, Camp Cretaceous? Whoo-hoo!"

Ben doesn't look up from his paper and continues to drink his juice box. "Not in a "whoo-hoo" mood this morning, Darius. Not after yesterday. Walking through a rain storm will do that."

"And who's the one that crashed our gyrosphere?" I ask him teasingly and he turns in his seat to look at me opening his mouth to say something. Like he didn't realize I was only teasing. I know he only crashed because he was worried about me. I did hit my head pretty hard.

He sees my smile and closes his mouth, turning away from me. "But today's a new day! Kayak Day! Who doesn't wanna paddle alongside dinosaurs, real dinosaurs? It's gonna be awesome, right? Wait, where are Dave and Roxie?"

"The babysitters took off early and left this," Kenji says, pushing off with the chair wheeling it towards him, pressing the note to the dino nerd's chest. Darius grabs it and scans the paper. "BRB. Gotta go. Boss talk. BB. Later. Smiley face. Is that a dinosaur emoji with a thumbs up?"

"It's Dave speak. Roxie translated on the back." Darius turns it over and reads aloud again. "We have to go talk to our boss. Stay inside until we return. Draw, bond, whatever. The radio's set for channel six in case of an emergency. Stay inside, stay inside. Do not leave, Kenji, looking at you."

I laugh lightly and Kenji rolls his eyes. "Uh... sorry about the kids' menus it's all Dave had."

"Do they understand how old we are? I mean, when was the last time you even saw a crayon?" Ben turns his menu around to show Yaz and Sammy what he drew. "Hmm. I have some notes."

"Yasmina," Sammy says with a smile and gasps when the door opens to reveal Brooklynn with her arms crossed, looking mad as hell. "Brooklynn. What's new on the internet, superstar?"

"I wouldn't know because when I went to get my phone from its charger, it wasn't there! Someone stole my phone!" She walks into the room her voice rising a few octaves and I groan, burying my face into my pillow. "Brooklynn, who hasn't had your phone?"

Everyone starts talking at once about what they used her phone for and I shake my head. Am I the only one that can live without access to internet for two weeks? Apparently. Brooklynn scoffs and I roll back onto my side to see her giving Sammy a pointed look. "I... haven't seen it either."

"Really?"

"Hey, hey, it's okay! Since we're not kayaking till later, we'll have plenty of time to look for the phone," Darius says in an attempt to keep the situation from escalating any further. "Oh, I think I know exactly where to look," Brooklynn says walking further into the room and closer to Sammy.

"I also think whoever took the phone might be trying to hide some of the things that are on it. What do you think, Sammy?" She asks leaning down into her face and now I'm starting to get a little mad. "Um, what?"

Everything that comes out of her mouth revolves around her phone and now because it disappears she's pinning it on the first person that comes to mind. Sammy is like the sweetest girl here and I can't believe Brooklynn's accusing her.