▫️Under New Management▫️

💞Trinity💞

"Dad?" Kenji says softly and we all gasp in shock. Instantly, I recognize Mr. Kon's face from the photos in the penthouse on Nublar. The monster behind Kash is... Kenji's dad! "Kenji? You... you're alive?" He drops the tablet and rushes forward, embracing his son. It takes a few moments, but eventually he hugs him back.

I take a moment to process this information. "No way," Darius murmurs in confusion. "Kenji's father," Brooklynn adds after him and I clasp my hands in front of me. Not knowing what else to do. He's the president of Mantah Corp. He's the one calling the shots which means he has to know everything that Kash has been doing.

Dinosaur fights, the control chips. I doubt that tattooed idiot does anything without his boss' go-ahead. There's just no way he didn't know what was going on inside his own island. And after everything we've been through it's hard to trust anyone anymore. Dinosaurs are dangerous, sure. But adults are even worse.

Mr. Kon pulls away and places his hands on his son's shoulders, smiling joyfully. "I never thought I'd see you again." I glance at my dad and see his guarded expression as well as his stance. He's ready to protect us at a moment's notice. "Me too." Sammy comes over to stand beside Kenji.

"It is so nice to meet you, uh, Mr. Kon, I'm guessing?" Kon pulls his hands away while Kenji glances at her over his shoulder. "I'd shake your hand, but, uh..." she chuckles awkwardly and looks around at all the menacing BRAD-Xs. Understanding fills his eyes and he lightly hits his palm with the side of his fist.

"Of course. Have the BRADs stand down." Kash's eyes widen before narrowing in outrage. "Are you kidding me?" I throw daggers at the brunette as Kon rakes him with his own steely glare. Reluctantly, the man child starts pressing buttons on the tablet and the BRADs close their mouths, eyes returning to their normal white.

"Dad..." he begins catching the man's attention and he turns back to his stuttering son. "W-wh-what are you doing here?" I could tell Kenji was confused and more than a little concerned about his father's intentions since he's Kash's boss. The man who employed this asshole that blackmailed Sammy's family and forced her to spy for Mantah Corp.

"It's a long story."

"Hey," Kash interjects with that stupid smirk on his face as he addresses our raven haired friend. "Do I know you?" Sammy narrows her eyes at the prick while Kenji looks back at his dad. "I thought you worked with Masrani. You run Mantah Corp now?"

"Yes, Kenji. A lot's changed. I took over Mantah Corp after Jurassic World went down."

"So you're in charge of this island?" My dad speaks up and Kon glances over at him. "You're behind the dino fights?" I add and try my hardest to keep my expression and tone neutral. This is Kenji's father and I know that he spent his whole life trying to get his father's approval and respect.

He's so eager to please him that he doesn't even realize that he shouldn't have to. "You let him," Yaz gestures to Kash before continuing, "keep Darius prisoner?"

"You made these death robots?" Ben asks from beside Pierce, still wielding the branch he picked up earlier. Mae turns and angrily shouts, "and were you aware he tried to kill me?!" His eyes widen before his brow furrows as his shocked expression morphs into a furious one.

He rounds on Kash. "You did what?" He glares in Dr. Turner's direction. "I did what had to be done." Asshole! Mr. Kon advances on the brunette who recoils with slight fear. "You were supposed to get things up and running. Not commit murder." Pierce bellows quietly and Mae places her hand on his neck.

"Apparently, I gave you too much freedom."

"Too much freedom? You mean that you were happy to sit back while I did all the hard work! You know what? Forget this. This is my island." He smirks darkly and the tablet beeps when he taps on the screen. "Party time." I gasp when the killer robots' eyes turn red again and they start advancing on us.