▫️Who's The Boss?▫️

💞Trinity💞

I cover my ears as Kash's horrible taste in music is being blasted through the jungle with BRAD's speakers. Darius races over to it and shouts to be heard over this trash Kash calls music. "BRAD, stop!" The robot closes its mouth and the noise stops. I sigh in relief and lower my hands back down to my sides.

"Sorry, guys. Guess Kash only has one song loaded on this thing." Brooklynn leans against Firecracker and Mae chuckles. "Not to worry. Just hearing you say you locked Kash away is music enough for my ears." I smile as my friends all laugh and cheer. "We trapped Kash!"

"We trapped Kash. Yeah," Yaz repeats Sammy's words as Kenji punches at the air making me smile. Firecracker comes racing over, bumping Kenji as she goes, knocking him to the ground. She races away and Brooklynn and Ben chase after her. "Get back here, Firecracker!"

Sammy and Yaz laughs as I walk over to Kenji who stands up, cracking his back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, totally fine." He gazes around and looks confused. "Where'd Rebel go?" I look around noticing that he's not where I saw him last. We look around and quickly find him sleeping on his side behind a tree, snoring quietly. I crouch down behind him and smile slightly.

"Hmm. Wonder if dinosaurs dream and what about?" I muse, mainly to myself, as I watch him sleep. "Probably about eating grass or whatever."

"Or maybe about saving a mermaid," I tease and his eyes widen. "Hey! Just so you know I haven't had that dream in a long time," he says defensively and I arch my brow at him. "Oh, then what do you dream about? Aside from sharing an arm rest with a Scorpios Rex."

"I dunno know. Going home." He looks down at Rebel, not meeting my eyes. "You." I look down at him in pleasant surprise and smile slightly. "Good dreams I hope."

"Of course. Sometimes they're really good," he clears his throat and I swear he's blushing. "My, my Kenji are you saying what I think you're saying?" He looks increasingly embarrassed and I chuckle in amusement. "I can't help it!"

"I know, I'm only teasing you," I assure him before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Besides, as long as I'm the only girl you're dreaming about I have no problem with it." He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck. "What about you? Do you ever dream about me?"

"Sometimes." I wink at him and he shakes his head. "Come on, let's get this one moving," I say and we focus back on Rebel. "Rebel? You gonna get up," Kenji says and claps to try and rouse him. When it doesn't work he gestures me to follow him.

We kneel down and slip our hands under the baby dino's side. "On three." I nod and prepare myself to push. "One, two, three." We both lift with all our might only to barely get him off the ground.

Pain spikes in my shoulder and I quickly stop pushing, groaning quietly. We turn around to catch our breath, sitting down and leaning back against Rebel's spine. We look at each other and smile. Well, at least with Kash gone we can finally relax for once. I lean against Kenji and he laces our hands together, leaning his head against mine.

The pain in my shoulder quickly dulls to a slight throbbing. I close my eyes to enjoy the peace until Sammy cheering and laughing catches my attention. "Alright!" I open my eyes and sit up, but keep our hands connected. "Hey, I think I should talk to your dad. You know, have some one on one time with him."

I look away from where I can hear Sammy and turn back to him. "Huh? Really? I thought you guys were good after the whole me being poisoned by a psychotic hybrid fiasco?"

"We are. I just... I think clarifying a few things will be good for us, y'know? Especially, if we do end up staying together for a long while. I don't want anything left unsaid between us."