▫️From Dusk Till Dawn▫️

💞Trinity💞

I stand on the rocks a little ways from shore all of us had changed into swimsuits. Mine's just a simple white one piece. Kenji's wearing black swim trunks, Yaz is in a purple one piece, Sammy's wearing a two piece the top is orange and the bottom is magenta, Ben's still in his normal clothes, and Darius is wearing bright yellow swim trunks.

I hear Blue calling from the shore beside Bumpy and I'm really glad she hasn't tried attacking the ankylosaurus. I think she knows she won't be able to win that battle so what's the point. "Don't worry, Blue, I'll be back," I call to her and she screeches softly. "Stay sharp, kids. Tiff could still be in there," Dad warns us and we nod. He's wearing grey swim trunks.

We dive into the water and swim over to the boat, trying to make as little noise as possible. Once we reach the boat we silently pull ourselves up, looking around for any signs of Tiff. We walk silently up the steps onto the deck and keep crouched so we're not spotted easily. We split up to cover more ground, but given the silence I'm thinking that Tiff's not here.

I climb up the ladder that Kenji's hanging onto and the others follow me soon after. I enter where the controls are and hear the others join me. "The control panel's busted up," I tell them and Darius sighs as Sammy picks something up from the floor. "And so is the radio."

"And it's almost out of gas," I say leaning against the panel, looking down at the gauge and Darius and Sammy join me. "Are you sure?" He asks me and Sammy looks down. "Did ya tap it? They always tap it." She reaches forward and taps the glass causing the needle to drop even more. "Huh? Well, now we're really sure."

"So, we've got a boat. We just can't use the boat," Ben comments and I sigh, running my fingers through my hair as we leave the control cabin. "Okay, the northwest dock is just around that bend. If we can somehow make it there, maybe we can find more gas and whatever else we need to get off this island."

I hear a noise coming from the door and we turn to see the doorknob rattling. We gasp and inch backwards fearfully. Suddenly the door burst open with a loud shout and we scream, scrambling backwards, I trip and my ass hits the deck as I bring my knees up and cover my head with my hands.

"Gotcha!" I hear laughing and lift my head up to see Kenji bent over laughing his ass off and I glare at him. "Kenji," we shout at him and he continues laughing. "Not funny, dude!" Brooklynn yells and I get to my feet, punching him square in the chest, but it does nothing to deter his laughter. "I know. It was awesome!"

"The height of comedy," Ben remarks sarcastically and I shake my head, crossing my arms over my chest. "Kenji, I swear to all that is holy if you scare me again I'll make you regret it," I threaten and he stops laughing, but keeps a smile on his face. "Sorry, Trinny, won't happen again. I promise."

"Better not," I hiss and he wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling me tight against his side. "I'm gonna head back to shore. Bumpy and I will meet you at the dock." We watch him walk away and Yaz steps forward. "Guess the only question is, who's driving the boat?"

"You mean, who's dad has a yacht club membership and just found this killer hat?" Kenji asks holding up the captain's hat and I shake my head. "Or we could let my dad drive since he was a navy SEAL. As in Naval Special Warfare. Keyword: Naval," I tell him and he frowns as my dad nods. "I'll get you kids to the dock." He disappears into the control room and a few minutes later the boat is starting up, engine revving.

We all cheer as the boat begins moving. We sit and enjoy the breeze as we move through the ocean, eventually reaching the dock. Once the boat is docked I get out as Bumpy comes over with Ben on her back, Blue stalking beside her. "Blue!" She calls to me before racing forward to my side and I rub her head in greeting.