▫️Have To Be Sure▫️

💞Trinity💞

I open my eyes, blinking to adjust to the morning light filtering through the window. I rub my eyes and stretch my legs out, yawning. I pull the blanket back and hang my legs over the side of the bed, my toes brushing the carpet. I gather my hair up into a messy bun before getting out of bed, smiling as I listen to Kenji's soft snores.

I turn to see my boyfriend sleeping soundly on his stomach with his face buried in a pillow. I decide to let him sleep for as long as possible and enter the bathroom, pulling my clothing off. I fold and set them down on the edge of the sink before opening the glass shower door, stepping inside. I turn on the water, messing with the knobs until the temperature was perfect before switching on the showerhead.

I giggle as the warm streams hit my face and body. I haven't had a hot shower in… what feels like forever. I rub my face free of the dirt and grime from yesterday. It seems like every time we venture out into the jungle we get dirty even if we're standing still. But sadly I'm used to being dirty all the time so this shower feels like heaven after being without one for so long.

I grab the body wash and start scrubbing my skin free of yesterday's trek through the jungle. Once that's done I rinse off and spend a little extra time just enjoying the warm water before turning the shower off. After opening the shower door and grabbing a towel from the rack I wipe the steam from the mirror.

My eyes trail down to my shoulder where the talon scars are. I shake my head and push the memories of that horrible night to the back of my mind as I begin to dry off. Once that's done I wrap the towel around me and grab the brush, pulling the hair tie free before running the bristles through the strands to rid myself of the tangles.

I set the brush down and admire my reflection for a moment before grabbing my clothes and leaving the bathroom, glancing over to my still dozing boyfriend. I smile in amusement before setting my clothes down on the coffee table and gathering my hair up, pulling it to the left side of my neck.

I jump when something presses against my back only to quickly relax when I realize it's Kenji wrapping his arms around me from behind. "Why didn't you wake me up?" He mumbles sleepily and I chuckle, leaning my head back against his collarbone. "I thought I'd let you sleep in. Hate to ruin your beauty sleep."

"Hardy har," he responds sarcastically and I giggle at his morning tone. I turn around in his arms and smile when I see his bed head, free of styling gel. I brush the hair covering his forehead aside and he smiles tiredly still half asleep. "You look like such a dork with your hair like this," I tease and he pouts childishly making me laugh.

"But a lovable dork," I assure him and he rolls his eyes playfully. "Whatever." I smile and press my lips against his in a loving kiss. He immediately returns it, entangling his fingers in my hair, cradling the back of my head as he pulls me against him. My body heats up as the kiss deepens and I run my fingers through his hair.

"Hey, lazy bones—" I jerk back from Kenji at the sound of Sammy's energetic voice and he whips around to see Yaz and Sammy had both entered the room. Damn those silent automatic doors! I yelp when I suddenly remember I'm only wearing a towel. I duck behind Kenji, using his body to shield me from view, peeking over his shoulder to see our friends shocked expressions.

Kenji bounces back first and immediately starts gesturing to the door. "Get out!"

"S-sorry," Yaz stammers out before dragging a stunned Sammy from the room. I groan and press my forehead into Kenji's back as I die from mortification. "Just great. They won't tell the others will they?" I ask timidly and feel Kenji shrug. "No clue. I hope not."

I make a noise of agreement and try to ignore the heat in my cheeks. I step back and Kenji turns around to face me. "We should get ready before anyone else comes looking for us."