▫️Nobody Gets Left Behind▫️

💞Trinity💞

"Here let's get you up." I look up at Yaz as she holds her hand out to me. I smile and take it allowing her to pull me up. I feel my knees wobble and I almost fall back down, but Kenji grabs onto my other arm to help steady me. I give him a grateful look and stand up straight. "Yaz…"

She gives me an expectant look and I wrap my arms around her even though I know she's not really a hugger, but I also know I wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for her bravery. "Thanks for saving me." She returns the hug and rubs my back. "Don't mention it. I'm just glad you're okay."

She pulls away and I turn to Kenji as she goes over to help Sammy with something. My knees feel weak again and I grab onto Kenji's arm to keep from falling, almost dragging him down with me. "Sorry, having a little trouble staying upright." He gives me a smile and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "No need to apologize, Trinny. Whatever you need, Kenji, is here for you."

I roll my eyes playfully and lean into him. "Thanks, rich boy."

"Uh… where's Ben?" Brooklynn asks and I look around camp, but don't spot the scrawny boy anywhere. And just like last time we start walking through the jungle trying to find him. "Ben?" Kenji and I call into the jungle as he brushes leaves aside.

"Ben!" Brooklynn shouts from somewhere next to us. "Bumpy ran off cause of the Scorpios rex. Ben's probably going after her."

"Then I'm going after him," Darius says with determination and starts walking forward. "Dude!" Kenji calls after him and Yaz looks at us. "Anyone else see the irony?"

"We're not leaving anyone behind on this island," Dad says and I nod in agreement. "Fine, let's go. The sooner we get Ben the sooner we get out of here," the pink haired teen says following after Darius who turns to look at us. "We can't risk all of us. The Scorpios is still out there. I'm going alone."

"Darius, I'm not gonna let you do that," Dad says sternly and Brooklynn glares down at the dino nerd. "Again? You don't always have to do everything alone."

"Get to the boat. If Ben and I aren't back by sunrise, well, you know what that means. And you leave without us."

"What?"

"Dude! We're so not doing that!"

"No way," Sammy exclaims as Brooklynn steps forward to grab him only for him to hold his arm out in warning and whips around. "Shh! Over there." He points to something behind us and we all turn to look, our bodies tense with fear. "I don't see anything," Kenji whispers and we turn around to question him. "Darius? Darius?"

"Should've seen that coming," I say and shake my head at that kid's stupidity. "Okay, yeah. Picking up on that irony thing you were talking about."

"What do we do now?" Sammy asks from her place beside Yaz and my dad sighs. "We get to the boat." We nod and start moving as Brookynn pulls out one of the walkies to try and contact Darius. "Darius? Darius do you copy? Darius!" She groans in frustration and puts it away. Dad leads the way and tries to figure out where the path to the boat is, but the Scorpios broke down a lot of trees making it hard to spot familiar land markings.

"Everything's been smashed, knocked down, or trampled," Dad observes and Kenji sighs with frustration. "Stupid Scorpios messing up that stupid path to the boat."

"It's okay. We just have to turn left at the bush that had the berry beard," Brookynn reassures before looking around to see if she can spot it. "Which was… maybe that one?" I sigh as start feeling exhausted and light headed. I pull away from Kenji and sit down on a fallen tree. "I think I need to sit." Kenji places his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.