▫️Crash And Burn▫️

💞Trinity💞

We enter the lab and either the power is out or the lights were all turned off. I stare in confusion as my eyes land on a cake with lit candles in it. "What?" Darius asks equally confused. Suddenly a person's head pops up and we all scream in fear, jumping back a step.

He screams too, reaching blindly with closed eyes at the lamp, turning it on and shining it into our faces. I shield my eyes against the sudden harsh light. "Not dinosaurs. You're not dinosaurs." He sighs and sets the lamp on its side, slumping against the table as we pant for breath from the scare.

Running from a giant camouflaging dinosaur will make anyone anxious and our nerves are more than a little shot. "This is the worst birthday ever." Brooklynn immediately heads for the phone, jumping into the chair nearest to it. Eddie, I remember seeing him during the tour of Wu's lab, is standing near the entrance.

Kenji holds a plate with a cake slice out to me and as much as I'd like to eat my stomach won't have it. It's twisted into knots as my worry and fear hasn't gone away. I shake my head and instead he hands it to Darius who takes it.

"Again, we are so happy we found you. Things are crazy! There's a giant camouflaged dinosaur out there. Also, regular dinosaurs. We've been hoping to find someone—"

"You're sure you closed the door behind you, right?" He asks turning to face us. "Uh… I think so."

"You think, or you know?!" Kenji burps and I shake my head as Eddie gives him a look. "Sorry? Did you want it back?" He asks holding the other plate out to him and Eddie shakes his head.

"You know what? Doesn't matter. The dinosaurs got out and no one bothered to tell me, they just ran. So, why not? Knock yourself out." The scientist crouches down, sneaking a look into the darkened hallway.

"Ugh! There's no dial tone!" Brooklynn slams the phone down into its holder, slumping in her seat. "The landlines are down. So is the radio, and cellphone service keeps cutting out."

"The park obviously has a plan. So, what's the plan? What do we do?"

"You're asking me?" Eddie asks Darius, laughing hysterically. "Asking me?"

"Is that, like, a good freaky laugh?" Sammy asks and he eventually stops laughing, straightening up. "Do you not get it? We're doomed. No one is coming to help!"

"But what about Dr. Wu, or—"

"Wu?!" Eddie asks cutting Kenji off and shakes his head. "Who do you think is to blame? Wu got greedy. And instead of dinosaurs he built monsters!" The blond turns and gestures to the egg incubation chamber thing.

We all stare as Eddie walks over to the chamber and picks up an egg. "Masrani, Dearing, they're all clueless about what's really going on here. And after everything I did for the other guys." My eyebrow arches slightly at that and Brooklynn spins a little in her seat to look at him.

"The other guys? What other—"

"It doesn't matter, does it?" Eddie asks turning back around to face us once putting the egg back. "Jurassic World isn't a park. It's a powderkeg, and it is detonating all around us!" Kenji drops his plate, it shatters, making me jump slightly and I give him a look.

"We're all going down. End of story!"

"No, you have to know what to do. You're an adult," Darius says sadly and Eddie holds up his hands, shaking his head. "Don't look at me. I was just hiding until you all barged in."

"But we drove all the way here cause—"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" He rushes forward grabbing Darius by the shoulders, getting into his face. "You have a vehicle?" He shoves Darius away from him and races out the door. "Guys, I left the keys in the van," Kenji tells us and I groan before we all race after him.