▫️Dino Sitting▫️

💞Trinity💞

I look over at the sleeping raptors and feel my heart racing just a little in fear. I gesture the others to follow me as we move stealthily towards Kash's compound, careful not to wake the deadly dinosaurs. I skid to a stop when a rope drops down and Kenji gasps quietly at the sudden appearance of the rope.

I look up and see Darius appear at the railing, giving us a thumbs up to let us know we're good to climb. I grab onto the rope and begin pulling myself up. Once I reach the top Darius grabs and helps pull me over the railing. Once my feet are planted I turn to help the others over one by one.

Brooklynn is the last one to come up. I press my hand lightly against my shoulder as it throbs painfully from that stupid BRAD-X firing at me. Suddenly, I hear Brooklynn yelling in fear and rush forward, stopping beside Yaz as I look over and see the pink haired girl slipping back down the rope.

She manages to stop herself, but only when she's back to square one and have woken up the raptors with all that panicked yelling. She hastily tries to climb back up while Darius pulls on the rope and I watch anxiously as the raptors get to their feet, shrieking. "Come on, come on," I urge as Darius has BRAD-X back up.

The raptors narrowly miss her and once she's within distance Darius hauls her over the railing. "BRAD, stop," the dino nerd orders and it beeps as it follows his command. Darius sighs in relief and turns back to Brooklynn. "Good thing you were able to get me voice command for BRAD here."

"Yeah. Real good thing." She takes the tablet he holds out to her and they get to their feet. "Okay, come on guys. Who knows when Kash is gonna wake up. Darius leads the way and we follow him into the building, down a couple flights of stairs. "So, how's Mae?"

"She's stable," I reply and Darius nods. "Yeah, Owen's been looking after her while we do our stuff."

"Really? But doesn't Kash think she's dead?" Darius asks as we move. "Yeah and I think we need to keep it that way. We just don't want to leave her unprotected while she's injured. Playing it safe."

"I'm glad you're looking after them for me. There's no one else I'd rather pick to lead this team while I'm stuck in here."

"Thanks, Darius." He nods and we stop at an elevator while he presses the button. There's a ding and the doors open. "This will take you down to the Med Bay. There's a nursery next to it. He's testing the control chips on the baby dinos first thing in the morning."

We enter the elevator and turn back to face Darius. "What about cameras?" I ask him in a whisper. "Mr. Genius has been too busy to get the island's camera system up and running. Message me on the BRAD-X as soon as you get the babies out. Good luck and be careful."

"You be careful," I fire back and the door slides closed. That Kash guy gives me such a bad feeling and I know that he'll do something horrible to Darius if he figures out what the nerd is up to. We need to hurry up and figure out a way to stop this fast before he catches on.

Eventually, we reach the right floor and the doors open with a dig, revealing the Med Bay. We get off and make our way in the direction of the nursery airlock. "Guys, come look at this." I walk over to Ben and see him looking down at the blueprint of the nursery with three different rooms a yellow dot in each one.

"Looks like there's only three baby dinos in the nursery." We head down the airlock and Ben swipes across the bottom of the panel, unlocking it, causing a picture to pop up with information. "Baby Brachiosaurus. Two months old. DNA extracted from Isla Sorna. It won't take me long. Where we meeting after?"

"Med Bay," I tell him as I turn, preparing to pick one of the baby dinos. Brooklynn decides to go with Ben since we can split up evenly. Two will be better than one when trying to wrangle a baby animal. "We'll load em up on a platforn, and figure out which biome to take them to later."