▫️Curiouser And Curiouser▫️

💞Trinity💞

We trek through the desert silently. "It's too quiet," Kenji complains and I chuckle. Not so silent anymore. "We're hot, thirsty, in the middle of nowhere, and maybe surrounded by who knows what, but that's your complaint?" I ask and look over my shoulder at him.

"Yeah. Because at least we can do something about it." He starts making random gibberish sounds and I smile with amusement. It's weird to think of a time when almost everything that came out of Kenji's mouth annoyed me, but now everytime I listen to him I can't help smiling.

He's just so adorable. A thud sounds behind me and Kenji's babbling is cut off by his yelping. I turn around to check on him wondering if he ran into a cactus or something. But what I see is a strange object covered in dirt and sand. He must've tripped over it.

"What the..." The others come back over and Ben crouches down next to Kenji as he wipes the dirt off the surface, revealing what looks like a robotic limb or something. There are strange tracks in the ground leading off into the direction we were just coming from.

I guess we didn't notice them in the dark of night, but now that the sun has risen we can follow them. Kenji and Ben stand up and we start running in the direction the tracks are headed. Kenji ended up at the front of the group following the tracks exactly.

The raven haired boy turns right and runs right into what can only be described as an invisible wall. He must have collided with something cause he goes down and we rush over to check on him. "Kenji, you okay?" Ben asks him as we stop and he sits up.

He reaches his hand out until it connects with whatever it is he ran into and a buzzing noise sounds making us gasp as the desert view kind of warps. I crouch down and press my index finger against it listening to that noise and a strange white line appears making a shape.

I press my palm against it and then apply a little pressure feeling something give and stand back up. Suddenly it opens and reveals a corridor. I jump back not really expecting that to happen. "This is..." Dad trails off as we stare in curiously.

"Weird. Very very weird," I finish for him as the lights inside turn on revealing a door on the other side. We share looks with each other before walking over the threshold. The door whirs and then slides closed behind us. I stop and Kenji does the same as the others pass us.

I realize we're hearing the same noise as in the canyon the sound of water pipes. I look up and follow the pipes to another door. I rush over to it as Kenji calls the others to do the same. I slow does as I reach the door and look down at a blue screen with a large image of a padlock.

I shrug and reach forward and drag my finger across the bottom of the screen, hoping it'll unlock it. The screen turns green, beeps, and then the door slides open. We all gasp when the sight of a forest greets us on the other side. Admittedly this is better than the desert we were just in.

We step inside and the door closes behind us. Dad is at the front looking around to make sure their aren't any nearby hostiles while the rest of us are gazing around in awe and shock. "Guys, do you remember how, like, five seconds ago, we were in a desert?" Brookynn asks as Sammy's mouth drops open.

"What the heck is this place?"

"I'd love the answer to that question, Sammy," Dad replies as he looks around with a perturbed expression. The ground rumbles and I stiffen as it's all too familiar. My mind flashes back to all the times the Indominus attacked. Always feeling it coming before seeing it.

But of course there can't be any Indominus here so that only leaves one other culprit. Two more rumblings and Yaz turns around, gasping. "No, it can't be."