▫️Search And Rescue Mission▫️

⚫Owen⚫

I enter the control room, stinking of gasoline, after almost getting killed by the Indominus Rex! It's out there now and so's my daughter. I'm not in the best mood and I sure as hell am done playing nice. "I need to see a badge. Sir, I need to see a badge," a security guard demands, but I ignore him heading straight for Claire.

"What the hell happened out there?"

"Sir." The security guy follows behind me and I continue to ignore him. "There are thermal cameras all over that paddock," I say and the guard gets in front of me, stopping me from getting any closer. "She did not just disappear!" I throw the guy's arm off me, shooting him a warning look.

Claire sighs and turns to face me. "It must have been some kind of a technical malfunction."

"Were you not watching? She marked up that wall as a distraction. She wanted us to think she escaped!" I take a step closer to her my voice rising as I get even more angry. These people decided to play God!

They opened an amusement park to the public and now my daughter is out there with that thing! I'll be damned if I just let them play this off as a technical malfunction! The fiery stubborn red head turns back around to give me a condescending look.

"Hold on. We are talking about an animal here."

"A highly intelligent animal," I counter and she stares at me. "400 meters to the beacon," a woman announces and I glance up at the wall with a digital map of the island as well as cameras showing men and women in the jungle.

I see what they're holding and what little hope I had of them containing this disappears. "You're going after her with non-lethals."

"We have $26 million invested in that asset. We can't just kill it."

"Those men are gonna die," I tell them because I've seen that animal up close and there's no way they can bring her down with a few nets and a small jolt of electricity. "300 meters to the beacon."

"You need to call this mission off right now.

"They're right on top of it," a man in a Jurassic Park t-shirt says and my patience for these idiots snaps. "Call it off right now."

"You are not in control here!" Claire snaps at me and I glare at the back of her head. These men will die and their blood will be on her hands. The ACU continue making their way through the jungle. I stare up at the screen as the I-rex's implant comes into focus.

They made this animal incredibly intelligent and it's coming back to bite them in the ass. "Blood's not clotted yet. It's close," the commander says over the radio. "What is that?"

"That's her tracking implant. She clawed it out," I answer him and make my way to the front of the desks, looking up at the image, shaking my head at how bad this is. "How would it know to do that?"

"She remembered where they put it in." I watch as the unit leader stands up and then slowly turns around. At first I don't know what they're looking at until the skin changes from green to its pale greyish white. "It can camouflage!" The unit leader screams and I stare up at the feed in horror.

I watch as Hamada flat lines. Then another soldier is killed. I look over my shoulder at Claire who's eyes are wide with fear and filled with tears. Her eyes meet mine before going back to the video feed. Another flat line this time a soldier named Lee.

I listen to the screams coming from the AC Unit and another person flat lines. The room suddenly goes silent as it sinks in what just happened. I turn to face them with a dead serious look. "Evacuate the island."