▫️Thicker Than Water▫️

💞Trinity💞

"You ready?" Brooklynn asks gently and I shake my head. "No, but let's do it anyway. Kenji has to know what his father is doing." last night Ben, Darius, and Brooklynn found out that Kon perfected his mind control chip and is now able to totally control adult dinosaurs.

I'm just afraid of how Kenji will react when I tell him. Despite what he's told me I know he loves his dad and cares about what his father thinks of him. Even after neglecting him and brushing him off he still has Kenji's love which is more than he deserves. It's not going to be easy convincing Kenji that his father is a bad person, but we have to try.

I take a deep breath then push the doors open, entering the room with my friends behind me. Once inside Yaz comes over and leads them away from me and I look at the back of the raven haired boy's head. I can tell by his body language that Kon must've said something to him about what Brooklynn, Darius, and Ben were doing last night.

"Kenji, I know you don't want to hear this and I know that it'll hurt, but you have to know that your father is doing some very shady things. Darius, Ben, Brooklynn, and I found out that... that your dad freed Kash. And has Mae working with him to perfect dino control."

He sets the plates he's holding down and they make a slightly loud clattering sound as they hit the table. "And they've done it. He used the chip on Big Eatie. Right after we freed her. Does that sound like something a good man would do?" He turns around to face me with an annoyed look.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! Which is probably what your dad's big presentation today is all about."

"I'm not talking about my dad, I'm talking about you." He points at me and I cross my arms over my chest as I try not to let myself get upset. Why won't he listen! I told him that his father basically enslaved Big Eatie and it's like he's only hearing half of what I'm saying. "While we were having our first date you knew that they," he points towards our friends before turning back to me.

"Were sneaking around behind my back to prove that my dad is, what, some sort of supervillain?"

"Kenji," I begin and try to take his hand, but he pulls away from my touch, turning to our friends. "Why didn't you guys just talk to me about any of this?" Darius moves closer with a sad expression. "You were getting so close to your dad, we didn't want to bring it up unless we were sure he was really up to something."

I see the anger in Kenji's eyes and it made my heart ache. It's going to take a lot of convincing before he believes us. I get it. It's his dad, but he can't stay blind to the truth forever. It always comes to light whether he wants it to or not. It will. "Fine, I'll talk to him."

"You really think he's gonna tell you the truth, Kenj." He narrows his eyes at my words and clenches his jaw. "He's my dad. He wouldn't lie to me." I bite back a scoff and just nod, not wanting to anger my boyfriend further. Yeah, cause parents never lie to their kids. He walks towards the door, opening it before turning to look at us.

"But for the record, you guys are the ones who were obviously up to something." No, you just don't want to see it. He let Kash out and is controlling Big Eatie against her will. That's not exactly good guy behavior. He leaves and I flinch when he slams the door behind him.

"Yeah, definitely wish I had left earlier," Sammy says from beside Darius with Yaz on her other side. They'd come over as Kenji was leaving. "Nothing's changed," Ben tells Darius. "We still need to help Mae and stop Mr. Kon." He turns and heads towards the door with the others following.

I stare at my shoes as I try to ignore the dread threatening to overwhelm me. "We got this." I look over to meet the dino nerd's gaze, turning to face him and he places his hand on my shoulder, a sad smile tugging his lips. "You don't need to mess things up any worse with Kenji." He takes his hand away and begins to follow the others.