20 × confrontation

Blake's POV:

I knew Christina was still mad when she went to sleep last night, and I hated when she went to sleep mad. I spent the night with her, but she was being distant the whole night.

I walked back into her house and put the flowers I bought her in a vase. I put her breakfast on the counter, then went up to her bedroom to see that she was still asleep.

I lied next to her and kissed her forehead while stroking her hair. "Baby, wake up."

She turned her head toward me and opened her eyes. "Good morning."

"Good morning. I brought you breakfast."

"What's the occasion?"

"I felt bad about yesterday, and I hate when you're mad at me. Forgive me?"

She smiled a little. "I forgive you."

I leaned down and placed the softest kiss to her lips. She got up to brush her teeth and when she came out, she grabbed my hand and we went to the kitchen. She sat on the counter, I stood in between her legs, and she started eating her muffin.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked.

"I wanna go to the mall." Her voice was still a little groggy and her wavy hair was tossed to the side. She looked so sexy, I just wanted to fuck her on the counter.

"Okay. When do you wanna go?"

She hopped down off the counter and walked toward the stairs. "After I get dressed."

I decided to stay downstairs while she got dressed because I knew if I would've gone up there with her, we wouldn't be going anywhere.

✦✦✦✦

"Are we going to Foot Locker like we always do?" Chris asked.

"Of course." I put my arm around her, we walked into Foot Locker, and of course the first person to greet us was Arielle.

"Look at my two favorite people," she said, walking over to hug us. "Have y'all started dating yet?"

"Yes, Arielle."

"It's about damn time; y'all were getting on my nerves," she said, popping her gum in her usual obnoxious fashion. "Anyway, I have your shoes in the back."

Arielle got the shoes, I paid for them and we left the store.

"I wanna go in Bath & Body Works," Chris said.

"Please don't make me go in there," I whined.

"Blake, don't be such a baby. I won't even be in there that long."

I groaned as she grabbed my hand and dragged me in the store. Luckily, my phone rang, so I left the store to answer it. As I was talking on the phone, the last person I wanted to see walked up to me.

"Hi, Blake," Kate said.

What are the odds?

✕•✕•✕

Christina's POV:

I told Blake I wouldn't be in here long and since I knew what I came to get, I was gonna hurry up so we can go.

I went up to the wall of candles and scanned over them, looking for the one I wanted. They didn't have it, but I saw a cotton scented candle and it intrigued me, so I took the top off to smell it. It smelled like fresh laundry, and it made me feel calm, so I got it.

When I turned around, there was a man behind me, making me drop the candle. I looked in his face and realized it was that weird guy that approached Blake & I two months ago.

What was his name? Tim? Tom? Ted?

"Hi, Christina." He took a small step toward me, making me more uncomfortable than I already was.

"H-Hi."

"It's me...Todd. We met a couple months ago."

"I remember."

Where the hell is Blake?

"I was walking by and I saw you, so I figured I'd come in and say 'hi,'" he said with that creepy smile of his.

"Well that was nice but um, I uh, I gotta go." I picked up the candle and put it back because I didn't even want it anymore; I just wanted to get the hell out of here.

"It was nice seeing you again." It felt like he was somehow getting closer to me.

"Yeah, I gotta go."

I tried walking around him, but he stepped in front of me like it was an "accident," so I moved to the left and he did it again. I eventually got away from him and rushed out of the store and straight to Blake.

"Can we leave now?" I asked him, ignoring the fact that he was talking to that skank.

"What's wrong?"

"I just wanna leave," I said desperately. "Can we please go?"

"Yeah, come on."

"Wait," Kate said, stopping us. "We were in the middle of a conversation, Christina."

I didn't like the way she said my name. I felt disrespected, and it made me want to rip her throat out.

"Look, you tramp, I am not in the mood for you or your skanky ways. Please don't make me beat the shit out of you in front of all these people."

"Whoa. No need to get all ghetto."

I turned to Blake, and he just looked like he couldn't believe she just said that.

"Can I please hit her?" I asked him.

"No because she's not even worth it."

"I'm not worth it?" she scoffed. "You're really gonna chose her over me? What do you see in her? I didn't even know were in to girls like her."

What the fuck? Did she just...? I must be dreaming because this can't be real life.

"But then again, I guess she is pretty for a black girl."

I swear, it felt like time stood still and every muscle in my body tensed up. At that very moment, I didn't care about anything except knockin' this bitch out.

"Can I hit her now?" I asked Blake.

He let me go and I punched the shit out of her. The only reason I didn't fight her is because we were in public, and that wouldn't have been a good look for me or Blake.

We quickly left the mall, leaving Kate on the ground holding her face. How did this day get so shitty so fast?