53 // change of heart?

Christina's POV||

I got a call from the police chief today, and he told me Todd was found and taken into custody. That call made my day so much better, but the constant throwing up has made everything worse.

After I brushed my teeth, again, I trotted downstairs and into the backyard. I was home alone because after Blake got out of practice, he & Chasity went out with his parents.

I hooked my phone up to the speakers and put my music on shuffle, letting Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis play. Halfway into the song, the doorbell rang, so I paused the song and went to answer the door.

"Oh. Hey, Brynn," I said, a little on the confused side, "uh, Blake's not here."

"I know," she said as I closed the door, "we just wanted to stop by to see you."

I nodded skeptically, and we went in the living room. Brynn had this big smile on her face, and I couldn't figure out why.

"So, what's up?" I asked, resting my head on the back of the couch.

"Oh, nothing," she shrugged, "how are you? Are you feeling okay?"

"I've been a little nauseous but other than that, I've been good."

She kept smiling at me, but I didn't think much of it. I shrugged it off and watched the way Ford looked up at Brynn. She kissed his cheek and he giggled, making me smile. That could be me & my baby one day if I decide to keep it.

"Brynn, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," she replied as Ford crawled in her lap.

I sat up and turned my body so I was facing her. "What's it like...being pregnant?"

Maybe she can convince me that this isn't so bad.

"I thought being pregnant was a beautiful thing at first but after a while, I was miserable," she said, "but in the end, it's worth it."

"How do you know if you're ready to be a mom?" I asked.

"No one's ever really ready," she said, "but the motherly instincts kick in when the baby gets here."

I nodded and laid my head against the couch, watching Ford play with Brynn's phone.

"Do you think, maybe, Ford could stay over tonight?" I asked hesitantly, "I haven't spent any time with my little munchkin in a while."

To be honest, that wasn't the only reason I wanted him to stay. Even though he's not a baby anymore, I wanna see if I can take care of a child just in case I decide I want to be a mom.

"Of course," she beamed, "Ford, do you wanna stay with Tia tonight?"

"Yay!" he clapped. He walked over to me and gave me a hug. "My Tia."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, then got up to walk Brynn to the door. She told me she'd be back with his stuff and after she was gone, Ford & I went back in the living room and waited for Blake & Chasity to come back.

✕•✕•✕

Blake's POV||

When we got back to Christina's house, I waited until Chasity got out of the car, then I called Brynn. I wanted to know how everything went.

Brynn: Yes?

'How'd it go? Do you think you convinced her?'

Brynn: Blake, I don't really think you have anything to worry about. She may have already made up her mind.

'What do you mean?'

Brynn: She asked me what it's like to be pregnant and how you know when you're ready to be a mom. I didn't even tell her that I know she's pregnant.

I smiled knowing that Christina might be changing her mind about having the baby. I thanked Brynn and hung up so I could go in the house.

I went up to her room, and she & Ford - who I didn't even know was here - were watching something on her laptop.

"Look, Tia!" he giggled, pointing at the screen.

She giggled along with him. "I see."

I smiled at them and walked into the room, getting their attention.

"Daddy!"

I sat on the bed next to Chris, and Ford crawled into my lap.

"What's up? What are you doing here?" I asked, tickling him, making him laugh uncontrollably.

"I asked Brynn if he could stay with me tonight," Chris said.

I nodded and gave her a quick peck on the lips. She laid her head on my shoulder and traced small shapes on my leg, which meant she was thinking about something.

"I know you talked to Brynn today," I said, breaking the silence.

"How'd you know?"

"I asked her to try to convince you to keep the baby," I answered truthfully.

She lifted her head to look at me and hit me in the shoulder. "You weren't supposed to tell anyone."

"I know, but I just really wanted her to talk to you."

She rolled her eyes and laid her head back on my shoulder. The fact that she wasn't angrier about that made me feel better.

"Sooo?"

"I haven't made a decision yet," she said slowly, "but talking to Brynn did open my eyes a little."

I decided not keep asking her questions about it because at least she's opening up to the idea. At the end of the day even if she decides she doesn't want the baby, I'll support her because I love her.