32 // thirst for chris

Christina's POV||
I'm doing Media Day for the Clippers again this year only this time, I am not excited. Not even a little bit, but I'm not gonna let it get to me. I'm just gonna do my job so I can leave as fast as possible.

I put on a white shirt, some shorts and my white Converse, then put my hair up in a high ponytail. I took my glasses off, put my contacts in and went downstairs.

"Damn, Chris! All that working out you're doing is paying off because you look hot," Chasity said, "is this how you plan to get Blake back?"

"Hell no," I scoffed, "I just wanted to look cute today. If he just so happens to realize he messed up when he sees me, that's his problem."

Chasity smirked at my sudden confidence. I'm not gonna lie, I did start working out because of Blake. Because in the words of Khloé Kardashian, "the best form of revenge is a good body." But now, I do it for myself so I can look good.

I got my bag, we left the house and made our way to Staples Center.

Walking into the building was so awkward. It's like when you walk into class late and everyone stares at you. It was so uncomfortable.

"Chris, these guys are staring at you mad hard," Chasity smirked again.

I ignored her comment and got straight to work. I'm not trying to stay here longer than I need to.

******

I'm so glad this shit is over. It got real awkward when I had to take individual shots of Blake, and it didn't help that Chasity was calling him names the whole time.

While all the equipment was getting packed up, Matt walked up to me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hi. Matt, this is my little sister, Chasity," I said, introducing them.

"Hey," they said simultaneously.

"So, what's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come out with us tonight," he said.

I stared at him for a second before my eyebrow raised, "uh --"

"She would love to," Chasity interjected.

I snapped my head in her direction and she only smiled at me.

"I already promised you I'd babysit Isaiah & Carter," I said, looking at Chasity, but talking to Matt.

"I'll babysit," Chasity blurted, "you need to get out of the house. Go have fun."

I don't wanna go out tonight because I know I'm gonna have to be around Blake & DJ, and I do not wanna be anywhere near them after I leave this building.

"So, it's settled," Matt said, "I'll come by around 7:30."

"Okay," I said reluctantly.

He gave me a hug, then walked away leaving me with Chasity, who was grinning from ear to ear.

~

Blake's POV||
When I saw Christina walk in the building, I think my jaw dropped. She looked good. Real good. She looked nothing like the girl I saw the week after we broke up.

While some guys came to get her equipment, she bent down to pick something up, and we all looked at her ass. And by "we" I mean, me, DJ, Spencer, even Hedo & JJ's married ass.

"I can't believe you broke up with her," Spencer said, shaking his head, "what's wrong with you?! She's so hot!"

"Hell yeah she is," JJ said, "Blake, you're dumb. You're dumb as fuck."

"Would you be mad if I went over there and tried to get her number?" Spencer asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "yes. Now can y'all stop ogling my ex."

I haven't heard guys talk about Christina like this since college, so it was weird to me. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.

They all laughed as Matt came back from talking to Chris. He sure was talking to her for a while.

"What were you two talking about?" I asked curiously, earning a look from everyone.

"I asked her if she wanted to come out tonight," Matt chuckled.

"Well, if she's coming out with us, I gotta go now to find something to wear. I gotta dress to impress," Spencer said, walking off.

"She doesn't even like white guys," I lied.

"Maybe tonight, I'll change her mind," he said, walking out the door.

Where did this sudden thirst for Christina come from?

I had enough of everyone ridiculing me for breaking up with Chris, so I left.

~

Christina's POV||
As Chasity & I walked back to the car, I heard someone call my name. I knew it wasn't Matt, so I kept walking until they called me again. I turned around, and DJ was walking toward me. I tried to get in the car, but he grabbed my arm.

"Christina, wait."

"What DeAndre?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I could tell just by looking at his face that something was bothering him. He looked really upset.

"What's up?"

"...I'm sorry."

"Sorry for wh--"

"For not believing you. For basically calling you a liar & a cheater. I'm sorry. I know you'd never do that to Blake. It's just, he sold that story so well."

This is not what I was expecting today.

"What brought on this sudden change of heart?" I asked.

"Matt," he admitted, "I figured there was a reason he was defending you so hard, so I talked to him. We tried to tell Blake, but he's so damn stubborn."

I smiled to myself at the thought of Matt. He's been such a good friend to me the last couple of weeks. I then cringed at the thought of Blake. I never knew he was capable of being such an ass.

"Well, I respect you for being man enough to apologize, so thank you."

"But do you accept my apology?" he asked genuinely with a playful pout.

I laughed a little and smiled slightly, "I accept your apology, DeAndre."

He showed off that smile of his that I love so much. "Now, can I have a hug? I've missed you so much."

"Aw. Of course you can," I said, giving him a hug, "I've missed you too."

He pulled away, kissed my cheek, then slowly backed away. "I'll see you later."

"Okay."

I got in the car and drove home, ignoring the big ass grin on Chasity's face.

Maybe tonight won't be so bad after all.