26 // misunderstanding.

6:55 p.m.

Christina's POV||
"Why are we meeting this woman at a restaurant?"

As we made our way to the restaurant, Landon looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know. She made it very clear that she wanted to meet here," I said, pulling into the parking lot.

"Okay, but why did I have to come?"

"Because I didn't wanna come alone. She sounded crazy."

"And my gay ass is supposed to protect you?" he asked, making me cackle.

"Oh my God, Landon, shut the fuck up."

We both laughed really hard before going inside. I told the hostess we were here to meet someone, and she escorted us to the table. When the couple stood up to greet us, I dropped my purse when I saw the man's face.

"It's nice to meet you," the woman said, shaking my hand, "I'm Miranda and this is my fiancé, Todd."

This can not be real life.

"It's uh, it's n-nice to meet you too," I stuttered, "this is my assistant, Landon."

We sat down, and I just felt so uncomfortable because Todd was staring at me and smirking.

Throughout the whole meeting, he continued to stare at me and no one even noticed.

"I'll be right back," Miranda said, getting up from the table.

After she was gone, Landon's phone rang and I was hoping it wasn't someone important. But unfortunately, it was his boyfriend and he needed to answer it. So now, it's just Todd & I at this table. Alone. Honestly, I'm so nervous because I have no idea what this guy has planned.

"What are you trying to do?" I finally asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked with a sly smirk.

"I know you set this up," I said a little angrier, "so I'm gonna ask you again, what are you trying to do?"

He let out a dark chuckle, "I think you're a little paranoid, Christina."

"Don't --"

He leaned across the table and kissed me, completely taking me by surprise. I pushed him away from me and wiped my mouth.

"What the hell?!"

Before he said anything, his "fiancé" came back to the table, and I stood up to leave.

"I'm sorry, Miranda, but I have to go."

I got my purse, quickly left the restaurant and took Landon home.

How the fuck am I gonna tell Blake?

~

7:45 p.m.

Blake's POV||
While I was watching TV, I got a picture message from an unknown number. Out of curiosity, I opened the message and I think my heart stopped. They were pictures of Christina kissing another man with the message:

'What kinda woman publicly cheats on her boyfriend?'

I looked back at the pictures and I didn't know how to feel. She told me she had a meeting tonight, but it definitely didn't look like a meeting.

I stopped staring at the pictures and decided to text her.

Can you come over when you're done?

BabyGirl 💖: yeah.

As calm as I seemed, I was having a fit on the inside. I can't believe she would do this to me.

******

About thirty minutes after I sent that message, I heard Christina walk in the house. She walked in my room, smiling, but I just glared at her.

"Hey babe."

"Where were you?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I had a meeting tonight, remember?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah..." she said, raising an eyebrow, "Blake, what's going on?"

"You're a liar."

She looked stunned at the words that just came out of my mouth and to be honest, I was a little shocked myself.

"Wh--"

"I can't believe you of all people would do this to me. I loved you."

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked, looking genuinely confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, slut. I hate you and I want nothing to do with you. I never wanna see your face again."

Her eyes watered and she covered her mouth at my harsh words. I don't believe I just talked to her like that.

"Bl--"

"Get out."

She furrowed her eyebrows as her tears fell, and she ran out of the house. I was tempted to run after her because I felt bad but if she doesn't care about me, why should I care about her?

________________________________________________________________

Well...