36 // taken

Christina's POV||

After work, Chasity & I went to get something to eat, then we went home to change into some more comfortable clothes. She said she wanted to go to that twerk class I mentioned, so we're going. I know my dad said not to take her, but he doesn't have to know.

"So what'd you think of Kevin?" I asked Chasity while tying my shoe, "I saw the way you two were flirting."

"I hate to admit it, but you were right. He's cute and funny, and he asked me to go see a movie with him tomorrow. Can I go?"

I smiled knowing she's going out with a decent aged boy. Maybe now she'll stay away from grown men.

"Yeah, you can go."

She smiled, "now, enough about me. Can I ask you a serious question? It's about Blake..."

I finished tying my other shoe and looked up at her slowly. I wonder what this is about.

"What about him?"

"I know he fucked up, bad, and I'm the last person to ever vouch for him but if he were to come up to you and ask you to take him back, would you?" she asked, looking me directly in the eyes.

I was a little taken aback because that's not exactly the question I thought she'd ask.

"Uh, I don't know."

"Come on, Chris. I know you miss him."

Right when I thought I was about to move on from Blake, this happens. Of course I miss him; that was my nigga, but things change.

"Where is this coming from?" I asked, "I thought you hated him?"

"Trust me - I do, but he misses you, and I liked you two together."

"How do you know he -"

"I talked to him the other day and today. He's just too proud to admit it."

I mentally smiled at the thought of Blake missing me. Not to sound like a cocky asshole, but I knew this would happen.

"If we're being honest, he & I would have to have a real serious talk before I even think about getting back with him," I said.

She smiled then went upstairs to get her shoes. I grabbed my keys off the table, then went outside to wait for Chas. I noticed one of my back tires was flat, so I decided to ask Darnell for help. Before I could even get across the street, I felt someone grab me from behind and put a cloth over my mouth; then everything went black.

~

•Author's POV•

'911, what's your emergency?'

miss e: the young woman that lives across the street from me was just kidnapped!!!

Miss Evelyn a.k.a the "crazy" lady that lives across the street from Christina. She's fairly old and doesn't leave her house much, so she just looks out of the window, being nosey. It looks like being nosey finally paid off.

'Ma'am, do you know the woman's name?'

miss e: yes! her name is Christina Jackson.

'And did you get a look at the person who took her?'

miss e: yes. he was African American, about six foot four, he looked like he was in his late 20's and he drove off in a black van.

Christina was the only person on this street that was actually nice to Miss Evelyn, so she would do anything to help her. She gave the dispatcher the license plate number of the van, Christina's address and any other information she could give before getting off the phone and sitting by the window.

~

Chasity's POV||
It had been twenty minutes since I was supposed to get my shoes, but I got distracted when my friend called me to tell me about all the ratchet mess I've been missing back at home.

After getting off the phone with her, I put my shoes on and jogged downstairs. I didn't see Christina in the living room, so I assumed she was outside waiting for me. I opened the door to walk out, but I didn't see her. I looked all around this house, but I could not find my sister anywhere. I was confused about where she could have gone in twenty minutes, but I was brought out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I rushed to open it, only to be more confused when I saw a bunch of cops.

"Y-Yes?"

"Does Christina Jackson live here?" one of them asked.

"Yeah, she does," I said, opening the door a little wider, "what's going on?"

"We got a call saying that she was kidnapped."

It felt like someone punched me in the throat. How the hell could she have gotten kidnapped in broad daylight, and who the hell did it?!

I let the officers in, and they started asking me a bunch of questions. I can not believe this is happening..

~

Blake's POV||
I decided to finally swallow my pride and talk to Christina. I need my best friend back in my life, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

I walked outside, and the first thing I saw was a bunch of cop cars outside of Christina's house. My heart instantly stopped because I assumed the worst.

I walked up to the house and the front door was wide open with cops all around. Chasity was standing outside crying, which only made me feel worse.

"Chasity?"

She looked up, then charged at me and started hitting me in the chest.

"You said you loved her! You were supposed to keep her safe!" she cried, "this is all your fault!"

I grabbed both of her wrists to stop her from hitting me, "what are you talking about? What happened?"

She bit her lip to stop herself from crying, but it didn't work. She ended up breaking down in my arms and crying.

"She's gone, Blake. Somebody kidnapped her!"

Once again, I started assuming the worse. What if we never see her again? I didn't even get the chance to make things right between us.

"Excuse me, Miss Jackson?"

We both turned around, and a cop was standing behind us, giving Chasity a sympathetic smile.

"Do you have someone you could stay with?" he asked her carefully.

She shook her head, "n--"

"She can stay with me," I said, cutting her off.

Even though Chasity hates me right now, she's still like my little sister. I'm gonna make sure she's taken care of until Chris is found.

The cop nodded and gave her his card, then walked away.

"Why don't you go get your stuff and when you're done, you can come to the house," I said to Chasity, "I'll leave the door unlocked."

She slowly went in the house, and I went home. After fifteen minutes, I heard the front door open, then Chasity appeared in the kitchen.

"Hey," I said as she sat at the island, "are you hungry? I could make you something."

She slowly looked up at me and furrowed her eyebrows a little, "my sister just went missing, and now you wanna kill me? What'd I ever do to you?"

She laughed weakly, and I laughed with her. Even in a situation like this, she manages to make a joke.

"Fine. I'll order Chinese."

She nodded and we held a conversation just so I could get her mind off of Christina for a second. And even though it seemed to work, my mind was filled with nothing but thoughts of Chris. I couldn't help but wonder if she's okay and who would do this.

____________________________________________________________

Who did it???