55 // surprise, baby.

Blake's POV||
After I got out of practice, I went home to take a shower & change, then quickly went to Christina's house. We get to find out the sex of the baby today, and I don't think I've been this excited in a long time.

I walked up to her bedroom, thinking she was getting dressed, but she was still sleeping.

"Christina." She didn't move at all. "Christina Jailee Jackson, get up."

She started smiling, and I sat on the edge of the bed as she opened her eyes.

"Why aren't you dressed?" I asked, laughing at the look on her face.

"The joke's on you because I'm already dressed."

She threw the covers off of her and sure enough, she had clothes on. She just needed to put on shoes.

"Are you ready to find out if we're having a boy or girl?" I asked.

"I already told you, we're not finding out the sex today," she joked, "we're just going to see if it's healthy & growing."

"Yeah okay, Chris."

She looked up at me through the mirror and smiled. She put on her jacket and got her purse, and we left the house.

✕•✕•✕

Christina's POV||
"Are y'all ready to see what you're having?" Dr. Stevens smiled.

"Yes!" Blake blurted.

We all laughed at Blake's eagerness as Dr. Stevens moved the transducer across my stomach. As annoyed as I was about this baby at first, I can appreciate how excited Blake is now. I find it kinda cute.

"It looks like..." She paused for a brief second and continued to move the wand around. "One is a boy, and the other one is a girl. Congratulations!"

I looked at Chasity & Blake, and they were looking at each other wide-eyed. I was so spaced out, I didn't even realize she said boy and girl.

"Wait a minute," I said, coming back to reality, "what do you mean one's a boy, and one's a girl?!"

"You're having twins."

My heart started racing when I heard the word "twins." There's no way I'm carrying two babies.

"I thought there was only one in there?!" I said, trying not to panic, "w-wouldn't we have known before today if I were having twins?!"

"Well, sometimes one baby will hide behind the other one," she explained.

"Aww," Chasity squealed, "it's like they're playing hide and seek."

Everyone laughed a little except me. I couldn't help but think about the two babies growing inside of me.

"Christina, baby, you okay?" Blake asked.

"Yeah."

Dr. Stevens wiped the gel off of my stomach, she told me to keep doing what I'm doing, and I went to schedule my next appointment.

After the doctor's appointment, the three of us went out to eat, then went back to the house. I told Chasity she could go out with Kevin, so it was just me & Blake.

"Alright, Chris, what's bothering you?" Blake asked, sitting beside me on the couch, "you haven't said much since we left the doctor's office."

I turned my body so I was facing him completely and tried not to cry. My God, these hormones are the worst.

"Blake, I don't think I can handle two babies," I confessed, "that's a lot. And what about when I have to work? I can't carry them with me."

"Did you forget that I'm the father?" he chuckled, "I can watch them."

"You'll be in practice, Blake."

I know I probably sounded like a baby, but having twins is a lot of work.

"Right," he said, "but we'll figure something out, babe. Don't worry about it."

I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. I am so lucky to have Blake. Something tells me he's gonna be the one to keep me sane until the babies get here.

"I guess we can finally confirm it since so many people are curious," I said, scrolling through my mentions on Twitter.

"How are you gonna do it?"

"We're gonna be basic and post a picture on Instagram."

I took off my jacket and gave Blake my phone so he could take the picture. After three tries, he finally took a decent picture, and I put it on Instagram.

@christinajax: i think i'm getting fat | 08.11.16

Within seconds, my notifications were flooded with likes & comments. I set my phone down and turned my attention to the father of my children.

"You better call your parents and tell them they're getting two more grandkids instead of one."

He called his mom and put the phone on speaker so I could hear her reaction.

Gail: Hello?

"Hey Mom."

"Hi Mom."

Gail: How's the baby? Is it a boy or a girl?!

"Both."

Gail: Christina Jackson, what in God's name are you talking about?

Blake & I laughed at his mom before he explained to her what I meant.

"Christina is having twins, Mom."

It was oddly quiet for a while before she screamed for Tommy, and they, excitedly, exchanged some words.

Gail: I have some shopping to do, but I will talk to you two later.

Without another word, she hung up, and Blake looked at me and shook his head.

"I think she's excited," I said, laying my head back on his shoulder.

"Excited might be an understatement," he said, intertwining our fingers.

It was quiet for a while, mainly because I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm having two of Blake's babies.

"You know I'm still not ready for motherhood, right?" I asked, looking down at our hands.

"I know," he said, pressing a lingering kiss to my forehead, "but you have me and a lot of other people willing to help you. Everything will be okay. I promise."

_____________________________

so, Christina's having twins. what do y'all think?