57 // mother dearest

Blake's POV||

"No...No, stop. Todd, please don't."

I opened my eyes to look at Christina, and she was crying, sweating & shaking in her sleep. Last week, she got a call saying Todd had escaped from jail, and she hasn't been able to sleep since then.

"Chris. Chris, baby, wake up."

She quickly woke up with tears streaming down her face, and I just wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be okay.

"Don't worry, baby, it was just a dream."

I went to the bathroom to run some cold water on a towel, then went back to her room. She laid down, and I dabbed her forehead & neck with the cool towel.

"How could they just let him escape like that?" she cried.

"Shh, don't cry." I placed a lingering kiss to her cheek and ran my fingers through her hair to calm her down. "I'm sure they'll find him."

I got her to calm down, and she started to drift off until the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock on Chris' nightstand, and it read 2:35 a.m. Who the hell could that be?

"Stay here," I said, getting out of the bed.

"Bu-"

"Christina, stay here."

She nodded and lied back down. I went downstairs, looked through the peephole and opened the door.

"Officer Weldon, what are you doing here?" I heard Christina ask from behind me.

I could've swore I told her stubborn ass to stay in her room.

"I have some news for you," he answered as I let him in, "I figured you'd wanna hear it in person."

"I don't think I can handle anymore 'news' from you guys," Chris said, sitting on the couch.

"Well, what I'm about to tell you guys isn't necessarily bad news, but it's not exactly good news either."

Chris & I looked at each other for a second, then back at Weldon, anxious about what he had to say.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Todd Livingston was found shot dead in an abandoned house in New York."

The room was so quiet, you could probably hear a pin drop. I looked at Christina, and I could tell she was trying not to smile.

"H-how? By who?" she asked.

"A woman named Miranda Peterson turned herself in."

Christina gasped, then covered her mouth with her hand. I'm guessing she knows who that is.

"Do you know her?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's the one that helped me escape."

I nodded.

"I can't say too much; I just wanted to tell you so you can sleep better at night," he said to her.

"Well, thank you."

Weldon got up to leave, and I walked him to the door. I went back to the living room, and Christina had a small smile on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I know it's wrong to be happy, but I am," she said, "I feel like everything will be okay now."

I smiled at her, then helped her up so she could try and get some rest.