9 × sorry

Christina's POV:

I couldn't believe Blake would lie about Dominic cheating on me. I knew he hated him, but damn. Then again, Dom has done this before. If Blake was telling the truth, I'm gonna feel like such a jackass. Blake & I have never argued like that, and now I was scared I may have lost my best friend.

I got my keys & umbrella, since it was raining, and decided to go Dominic's house. I needed to know the truth.

When I got there, I used my key to get in and went upstairs. I got to his room and heard a lot of moaning, groaning and other noises.

I opened the door and immediately heard a donkey in my head. I am a jackass.

"Oh my God! Chris!"

My eyes watered up, and I ran downstairs. I heard him calling me, but I kept running outside. I took his key off my key ring and threw it on the ground before going home.

The whole way back to my house, my vision was clouded by tears. I didn't know if I was crying because I let this happen again or because of the way I talked to Blake.

As I was walking up to my front door, I realized I owe Blake an apology.

I walked down the street, in the rain, with no umbrella or jacket and it was cold, but I didn't care.

I got to his house and stood outside for a minute before knocking. I was just praying he wasn't super pissed at me.

"Chris, what are you doing? You're soaking wet," he said.

"I'm sorry, Blake," I cried. "I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me."

"Come in out of the rain." He grabbed my hand and led me into his warm house. "Now, what's going on?"

"You were right. He was cheating on me. You tried to tell me, and I didn't listen."

"Shh," he said, pulling me into a hug. "Why don't you go change, and I'll make you some soup."

He let me go, and I went upstairs to take a shower & change. I put on some sweatpants & an OU sweatshirt that I kept here and went back downstairs.

✕•✕•✕

Blake's POV:

I felt so bad for Chris. I hated seeing her cry, especially over fuckboys.

When she came down, she looked really upset, and I hated it. She was already sneezing & sniffling, meaning she was gonna be sick tomorrow.

"Hey."

"Hi," she spoke softly.

"Your soup's finished."

She sat at the island, but she wouldn't look at me. She just looked down at the counter.

"Chris?"

"Hm?"

"Why won't you look at me?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"You tried to tell me, and I called you a liar. I'm so stupid. How do you not hate me right now?" she asked.

"You're my best friend, Christina. I could never hate you. And you're not stupid; he's the stupid one."

She gave me a weak smile and tried to eat her soup. I just watched her because I really did feel bad.

The doorbell rang and a smile spread across my face.

"I know what will make you feel better," I said to her.

"What?" she asked, finally looking at me.

I went to open the door for Brynn & Ford, then walked them into the kitchen where Christina was.

"Tia!!!"

She turned around with a huge smile on her face. "Ford!!!"

He jumped down from Brynn's arms and ran to Christina. He could always make her feel better, and I was glad she was smiling.

"Hey, Brynn."

"Hey, Christina. How are you?"

"I've been better," she said, disappearing into the living room.

Brynn frowned, then looked at me. "Is she okay?"

"No. She caught Dominic with another woman."

"Poor thing," she said, shaking her head. "Well, I'm gonna go, but make sure you take care of her."

"I will." I walked her out and went in the living room with Chris & Ford and say next to them. "So, what are we doing tonight?"

"I just wanna go to sleep and never wake up but right now, we're watching Sesame Street," Christina answered.

That was kinda depressing.

We watched Sesame Street until both Ford & Chris fell asleep. I turned the tv off, carried Ford to his room, then carried Christina to my bedroom. I basically just lied beside her and watched her sleep.

Even when she's asleep, she's unbelievably beautiful.

After some time, I started thinking about my feelings for Chris. I knew I shouldn't act on it, especially now since she just broke up with Dominic, but I couldn't keep my feelings a secret anymore.