7 × questioning relationships [pt.2]

8:15 a.m.

Christina's POV:

I was convinced today was gonna be a good day because I was doing a photo shoot with Cykeem White. He's a model, and I think he's extremely attractive.

After I got out of the shower, I opened my bedroom window to see what it felt like outside. Even though it was November, it still felt like summer, so I'll dress accordingly.

I put on black shorts and a black crop top. After I put on some socks, I spun over to my closet, grabbed my red flannel and put that on. After loosening the two braids in my hair, I got my Jordan 11's and went downstairs to the kitchen.

Blake was sitting at the island and he was eating what looked, and smelled, like oatmeal.

"Good morning, boo," I said, putting my arm around him. "How are you feeling today?"

"Better," he said, turning to give me a hug.

"Good."

I put on my shoes and went to the refrigerator to get some fruit & water.

"You look unbelievable today," he said, biting his lip.

"In a bad way?"

"Not at all. You look good."

"Well, thank you," I said, eating a grape.

I noticed Blake kept looking at me and a smirk appeared on his face before he looked down at the counter. I didn't really think much of it, so I just silently laughed at him.

"So, when do you wanna get your new mattress?" I asked.

"Whenever you're finished for the day," he replied.

"Okay. I should be finished by one o'clock, and then I'm going out with DJ & Nevaeh. You're coming with us, right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, so we can go after that."

My phone buzzed and when I checked it, it was a message from Landon saying he was having an emotional breakdown, so that was my cue to leave.

"I gotta go, but I'll see you later," I said to Blake.

"Okay. What do you want me to do about that?" he asked, pointing to the ugly ass cat on top of the refrigerator.

"Ugh, you can just leave her ugly ass up there," I said with a hint of disgust in my voice.

Dom got me a sphinx cat a couple months ago to make up for his behavior. I hated that cat and she hated me. To tell ya the truth, I didn't even like cats and he knew that, but I was just being nice and accepted it.

"Or you can 'accidentlly' leave the door open for a minute too long,and maybe she'll run away," I laughed.

"That's horrible, Chris," he laughed back.

"Eh, I guess. See ya later."

I left my house and drove to the spot where the photo shoot would take place.

✦✦✦✦

12:45 p.m.

So far, my day had been perfect. We did a lot of shirtless shots, and I knew I was drooling over him.

"I've never worked with such a pretty photographer," Cykeem said as we looked over the pictures. I blushed as he put his arm around me. "You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"He's a lucky, lucky guy," he said, looking me up & down.

"I uh, I, I think we're done for the day," I said, trying to hide my obvious smile.

"Alright," he smirked. "I'm gonna go get dressed."

He went to his trailer, and Landon came up to me with a smirk on his face.

"I don't know why you're with Dominic when you could be with that," Landon said, looking in the direction of Cykeem's trailer. "Or that fine best friend of yours."

"Landon, don't you have something to do?" I laughed.

"Nope."

I suddenly felt a presence behind me so I turned around and Blake, Nevaeh, DJ and Dominic were behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Dom.

"I came to surprise you," he said slowly while studying my outfit.

Cykeem came back, and I introduced him to everyone. When I told him Dominic was my boyfriend, he gave me this subtle look of disbelief.

"I don't like what you're wearing," Dom said kinda quietly. "It's November, and you're dressed like it's summer."

"In case you haven't noticed, it's hot as hell out here," I said.

"Well, you kinda look like a slut."

I didn't really know what to say to that because I was just shocked that he would say that, especially in front of everybody.

I let go of his hand and walked away from everyone.

✕•✕•✕

Nevaeh's POV:

After Christina walked off, Blake ran after her, leaving me with a pissed DeAndre and a pissed Cykeem.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Cykeem yelled, taking a step toward Dominic.

I got in front of him to stop him from whatever he was about to do. Dominic's phone rang, and he went to answer it like he didn't just call his girlfriend a slut.

"Who just casually calls their girlfriend a slut like that and acts like it's nothing?!" Cykeem asked, trying to calm himself down. "Why is she with him?"

"No one knows," DJ said, shaking his head.

I looked at Christina, who looked like she was crying, and Blake was hugging her.

"It seems like that guy cares about her more than her so-called boyfriend," Cykeem said.

"Yeah, he does," I said quietly.

I knew Christina "loved" Dominic, but I really wish she would just dump him. I was tired of seeing her so unhappy.