49 // the satisfying truth

Christina's POV||
While sitting in my office, looking over the pictures I took a couple days ago, I looked at Chasity, and her fingers were just flying away at her phone.

"Chasity," I called, looking at the time, "who could you possibly be texting at 10:30 in the morning?"

"Kevin," she smiled, "he just asked me if I could go out with him tonight. Can I?"

"Sure."

She smiled wider, and her eyes went back to her phone. Just as I was about to pick up the phone to make a call, Arielle walked in and told me someone was here to see me.

"Ms. Jackson?"

I looked up from my computer, and there was a tall, white man standing in the doorway. I told him to come in, and he sat in the chair across from me.

"Hi," I said, shaking his hand, "how can I help you?"

"You're Blake Griffin's girlfriend, right?" he asked.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Chasity had stopped texting and started paying attention to the conversation.

"Y-yeah, I am."

"Okay. Well, my name's Mason. I'm Staci's boyfriend."

That hoe has a boyfriend?!

"I know she told Blake that she was pregnant with his baby and since I have no way of contacting him, I figured I should tell you."

"Tell me what?" I asked, clasping my hands together on the desk.

"The baby isn't his," he blurted bluntly, "it's mine. She's not as pregnant as she made herself seem."

I let out the biggest sigh of relief and ran my hand through my hair. He went into this whole story about how she wanted to trap Blake, and I was utterly repulsed. Women like that disgust me.

"So," Chasity started, "what made you wanna tell Christina all of this?"

"I don't want another man thinking he's responsible for my baby," he said, "so I figured I could tell you, and you'd relay the message."

"I will definitely give him the message," I said as he got up to leave.

He shook my hand and thanked me, then left my office. Chasity sat in the chair Mason was sitting in and shook her head.

"When are you gonna tell him?"

"Probably tonight when he comes over," I answered while scrolling through pictures.

"You're actually gonna let him in the house."

I chuckled a little while keeping my eyes on the computer screen, "well we do have plans, so yeah."

Blake may have pissed me off yesterday, but he is still my boyfriend, and I'll love him no matter how stupid or annoying he may be.

✕•✕•✕

Blake's POV||
I was very skeptical about going to Christina's house because I wasn't sure if she wanted to see me after yesterday. I know I shouldn't have said what I said, and I know I need to apologize; I just hope she forgives me.

Instead of just walking in the house, I decided to knock. She opened the door, and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey," I said timidly.

"Why'd you knock?" she asked, opening the door wider to let me in.

"I didn't know if you were still mad at me, so I didn't wanna just walk in."