59 // they're here

three months later // August 10, 2016

11:10 a.m.

Christina's POV||

I was trying to find something to wear for the day, but I felt disgusting in everything I tried on. Chasity kept trying to tell me I looked fine, but I didn't believe her.

I finally just threw on a pair of jeans and an ugly ass sweater, and I still felt gross. I honestly can't wait until these babies are born.

"Chris, when Aubrey & Austin get here, what are you & Blake gonna do about living arrangements?"

I looked at her through the mirror and knitted my eyebrows together out of pure confusion.

"Um, who are Aubrey & Austin?" I asked, turning to face her.

She laughed while scratching the top of Lady's head. "The babies."

I walked to the bed and sat down, and Lady jumped in my lap, putting her front paws on my stomach. I smiled at the puppy, but quickly turned my attention back to Chasity.

"Where'd you come up with those names?"

"Well, you always said if you had a daughter, you would name her Aubrey," she answered, "and I figured you would want to name the boy after Blake in some way."

I smiled and nodded because at least she's been thinking about all of this. Blake & I haven't talked about anything. Living arrangements, baby names - none of that. There's been so much unnecessary bullshit going on, I guess we haven't had time.

"I really like those names, Chas. But to answer your original question, I don't know what we're gonna do about this living situation."

I heard the front door open and a few seconds later, Blake walked into my room.

"Hey beautiful," he said, making my cheeks get hot.

He kissed my lips and the minute he pulled away, something happened. When I realized what was going on, I grabbed Blake's wrist because the pain came almost immediately.

"Okay, Chris, that actually hurts," he said, trying to get out of my death grip, "what's wrong?"

"My water just broke..."

When it finally registered with him, he was able to break out of my grip. He got my bag out of the closet as I put on my shoes, and he & Chasity helped me to the car.

✦✦✦✦

August 11, 2016
5:40 p.m.

Eighteen. It's been eighteen long hours, and I'm about ready to rip someone's head off. I don't understand how some women choose to do this without drugs.

"Blake, you better be happy with these two because I'm never doing this again!" I screamed, "My God, I fucking hate you!"

"I know you do, baby."

He continued to wipe the sweat from my forehead, completely unbothered by me screaming at him.

"I can see the head!" Dr. Stevens said, "I need a really big push here."

I took a deep breath, then pushed until I couldn't push anymore. I repeated this process until I heard the cries of the first baby.

"It's a boy!" Dr. Stevens shouted.

I threw my head back down and let out a small sigh of relief. I guess I forgot I have to do this one more time.

"All right. You ready to push again?" Dr. Stevens asked.

"I already had a baby. Leave me alone."

Everyone laughed at my delusional ass, then I started pushing again.

"That's it, Christina. Keep - wait!"

"What? What's wrong?" Blake asked.

"The baby's breeched."

I tried not to panic because I didn't want anything to happen to the baby, but I was scared.

"Will she be okay?" I asked, my voice laced with worry.

"She'll be fine; just push."

I did what she said and pushed like my life depended on it. The pressure in my lower area went away and once again, I threw my head down. I was exhausted.

"It's a girl," Dr. Stevens announced with a smile, "and she is okay."

I smiled weakly and allowed myself to relax. As tired as I was, I wanted to see my babies.

"Do you have names for these two?" the doctor asked.

"No, not yet," I said a little embarrassed.

I, of course, wanted to talk to Blake about the names before I just gave her the names Chasity suggested.

"It's okay," she assured me, "for now, we'll just call them baby boy & baby girl Griffin."

She handed one baby to me, and the nurse handed the other baby to Blake. I looked at both babies, and my eyes watered heavily. They're so precious, I can't believe I even contemplated getting an abortion.

I looked at Blake, who was smiling at the newborn in his arms. "Thank you."

He tore his eyes away from the baby and looked at me. "For what?"

"For trying so hard and convincing me to keep them," I said as more tears rolled down my face. "I love you."

He smiled at me and kissed my lips softly, then kissed my forehead.

"I love you too."

Honestly, I think I'm gonna like being a mother. I know at first it'll be hard but in the long run, I think I'll be able to handle it.