62 // the tables have turned

Christina's POV||

"I don't know, Arielle, maybe I was acting like a baby."

When Arielle & Chasity got back, I asked Chasity to take Trenton in the kitchen so I could talk to Arielle.

"No, Christina. He can't get mad at you for not wanting to have sex," Arielle fussed, "he'll get over it."

"But do you think since we're not...he's doing it with someone else?" I asked sheepishly.

I know Blake would never cheat on me, at least I don't think he would. But he's rarely here and since we're not having sex, I'm starting to get suspicious.

"Blake wouldn't do that to you," she said, shaking her head. "And after all that shit he caused last year when he thought you cheated on him, he better not."

I laughed at her facial expression as she stood up to leave. I gave her a hug, and thanked her for talking to me, then she & Trenton left.

I checked on the twins, and they were still asleep, so I went down to the den with Chasity & Kevin — who I didn't know was here.

"Hi, Miss Christina."

"Hey, Kevin. Y'all aren't going out tonight?"

"No ma'am. Chasity said we could just stay in tonight."

I nodded, then ordered some pizza for them. This is my life now — hanging out with kids.

"Chasity, why do you watch this trash?" I asked when she turned the TV to TMZ Sports.

"It's entertaining," she smiled.

I laughed a little and shook my head, then answered the door. I paid the pizza guy and as soon as I walked into the den, I heard Blake's name on TV. I looked up, and on the screen were pictures of Blake going into and leaving Lauren's house.

I tuned out everything they said because my mind flooded with a million thoughts and of course, I assumed the worst.

✦✦✦✦

I asked Kevin to take Chasity somewhere for about thirty minutes because I didn't want them to be here when Blake got in. I sat at the bottom of the stairs so I would be the first one he saw when he walked through the door.

"Hey, baby." He walked up to me and tried to kiss me, but I moved back a little. "What's wrong?"

"I thought you were hanging out with DeAndre tonight?"

"I was."

I nodded very slowly, then stood up so we were eye level. "Then what were you doing at Lauren's house?"

He closed his eyes and mumbled some curse words under his breath, like a man that just got caught cheating.

He reached out to take my hand, but I moved back because he didn't answer the question.

I turned to go up the stairs because the babies started crying, and I could feel Blake right behind me. I fed & burped them, then laid them back in their cribs.

"Chris, we need to talk," Blake said, following me into my room.

I folded my arms over my chest and bit the corner of my lip. "Are you cheating on me, Blake?"

"What the hell?! Why would you ask me that?"

Before I could even think about answering him, I had to take a deep breath because he was about to get slapped.

"You practically begged me to keep those babies and now that they're here, you're never here. And I mean, me & you aren't having sex, so I figured you were getting it from someone else."

He sighed and stepped toward me. "I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have left you earlier and I know I need to be here; I just needed time away from this, but I'd never cheat on you, and you know that."

"Well I am so sorry for making your life more stressful by giving you what you wanted. But how do you think I feel, Blake? I'm here by myself 24/7, and you just leave whenever you don't wanna be here. These are our children, not just mine."

Of course by the time I finished telling him how I felt, I was crying, and I'm so tired of crying over stupid shit.

He gave me a hug, and I pushed him off of me because I was still mad he didn't answer my question earlier.

"Don't touch me! What were you doing with Lauren if you were supposed to be with DeAndre?"

"I was with DJ, okay? We ran into Lauren at the movies, she needed a ride home, so I gave her one. That's it."

"Bullshit, Blake. I saw the pictures. You don't need to go inside someone's house to drop them off."

"That's doesn't mean I slept with her! Are you seriously gonna believe a picture over me?!"

I chuckled and turned my back to him because this was so ironic, that's all I could do. I don't even think he realized what he said.

"What? You expect me, your girlfriend, to believe you over a misleading picture?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ye—"

He was really pissed with me but when he realized what I was hinting at, his attitude went from one hundred to zero real fast.

"Christina, I'm —"

I put my hand up to shut him up, then wiped my eyes. "I know you didn't do anything, Blake, because unlike you, I know you'd never cheat on me."

He gave me another hug while pressing a kiss to my forehead, and I just hugged him back. He sat on the edge of my bed and pulled me on his lap in the process.

"I really am sorry for not being here with you," he said into my neck.

"I know, Blake. But I feel like you, and everyone else, take advantage of me, and I'm tired of it. I just want you to know that I'm not gonna put up with it anymore."

He slowly lifted his head to see if I was serious, and I was. My whole life I've been nothing but nice to people, and all they do is walk all over me. I've had enough and after tonight, things are gonna change.