41 // safe

New York-Presbyterian Hospital | 11:45 p.m.

Christina's POV||
Laying in this hospital bed, I thought about how this is the safest I've felt in three weeks. The doctors patched up the hole in my shoulder and put a cast on my broken ankle, so now I'm just laying here and thinking about life.

Even though I was happy & safe, I was still alone.

"Christina?"

I looked away from the window to the door, and my aunt Cecilia & her kids were standing in the doorway. I smiled and sat up as they all walked in. I knew the nurse called her, but I didn't know if she was gonna make it.

I'm so glad she did.

"Aunt CC, Christian, Cherie," I said, giving all of them hugs, "I'm so glad you're here."

"We're glad you're safe," Christian said.

I smiled at my older cousin and rested my head back on the pillow.

"What happened?" Cherie asked, "I mean with your shoulder and ankle."

I chuckled sadly thinking about the last couple of days, "he broke my ankle a couple days ago, and he shot me in the shoulder a couple of hours ago."

Christian & Aunt Cecilia were shaking their heads, obviously out of anger, but Cherie's eyes were watering.

"Unh uh, Ri. Don't cry for me; I'm fine," I said, "come here."

She sat on the bed with me, and we all just talked to get my mind off of the hell I've been through.

They stayed with me for about an hour before they had to leave. Shortly after they left, my doctor walked back in.

"How are you feeling, Ms. Jackson?" he asked.

"I'm tired and in a little pain, but I'm fine," I answered truthfully, "when can I go home?"

Now that I'm no longer Todd's prisoner, I don't care about anything but going home to my baby sister.

"You should be able to leave tomorrow."

I simply nodded. I know I should be focused on getting rest, but my doctor is hella fine. He's the epitome of tall, dark & handsome. And with those eyes and that smile -- he's a distraction.

I could tell there was something he wanted to say just by the look in his eyes.

"Is there anything else?" I asked curiously.

He cleared his throat and tapped his fingers on the edge of the bed. I've never been more nervous than I am now.

"Yeah, I uh, I have some bad news..."

~

Los Angeles | 8:45 p.m.

Blake's POV||
"When Christina comes home, are y'all gonna get back together?"

Since Chasity got that call from Christina earlier, that's all she's been able to talk about. But of course I don't mind.

"That would be nice," I answered honestly, "but it won't be that easy. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted nothing to do with me."

"That'll never happen," she said, sitting on the floor with Ford, "she loves you entirely too much, Blake."

I shrugged not knowing what to say. As much as I love Christina and want her back, I know she won't take me back, and I wouldn't blame her. I don't deserve her.

There was a loud, rapid knock at the front door, making Chasity & Ford jump. I told Chas to stay with Ford so I could see who was at the door.

"Hello Detective," I said, letting him in the house.

"Where's Chasity?" he asked almost a little too excited for my liking.

I called Chasity, and she walked out of the living room carrying Ford.

"What's u-- oh, hey Detective. What's going on?" she asked.

"Christina escaped."

I noticed Ford was starting to slip out of Chasity's arms, so I grabbed him before he hit the floor.

"She what?" she questioned with a watery smile.

"She escaped, and now she's resting in a hospital. She should be home within a couple days."

The tears spilled from Chasity's eyes, and she turned to give me a hug. Even though I was seemingly calm on the outside, I was elated on the inside. The woman I love more than anything is alive, safe & coming home.

"Why TT cwy, Daddy?" Ford asked after the detective left.

"She's just really happy," I replied, "Tia's coming back home."

He gasped and clapped his hands, "yayy! I miss Tia!"

I laughed a little and kissed his forehead as we all went back to the living room.

"I miss her too, little man."

____________________________________________________________

Sooo...what do you think is the bad news?