13 × confessions

Blake's POV:

"Chr-Christina?"

"Hey, Blake."

Hearing her voice after four long months was like music to my ears.

"You're alive?"

"Of course I'm alive."

"You just disappeared, and you didn't say anything. We were worried about you. Why didn't you say anything?!"

She started crying, and I immediately felt bad for getting loud with her.

"I don't know, Blake."

"Don't cry, Chris. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell."

"It's okay. I know you're mad."

"I'm not mad...I was just scared. I thought something terrible happened to you, and it didn't help that you ignored us."

She sighed. "I wasn't ignoring you guys. I turned my phone off so I could focus on myself for a while.

"I understand. I'm just glad you're safe. Where have you been the whole time? And when are you coming home?"

"I've been in Dubai, but I don't know when I'm coming home. I was planning on staying for another two months."

"You're staying longer?!"

"I don't know yet, Blake. Look, I don't wanna fight about this, especially over the phone. I already feel bad. Please don't make me feel worse."

"Sorry. I just miss you."

"I miss you too."

I really didn't wanna get off the phone with her, but Ford woke up crying.

"Chris, I gotta go. Ford's crying."

"Aw, okay. I'll talk to you later. Give him a kiss for me."

"Okay. Bye."

I put my phone back on the nightstand and sat up with Ford until he went back to sleep.

✦✦✦✦

two days later..

After talking to Christina the other day, I've been more relaxed and I've been feeling better knowing she's alright.

As I was getting dressed, I saw my phone light up and when I checked it, Neveah was calling.

"Guess what?!" she shouted into the phone.

"What?"

"Christina's coming home today! I'm about to go pick her up from the airport in a minute."

I sucked my teeth. "That's not funny, Neveah."

"I'm serious! I was actually thinking you could go get her."

"What time does her plane land?!"

"Uhh, 3:15."

"Alright."

When I hung up, I checked the time, and it was 2:50. I finished getting dressed, hauled ass downstairs and left.

✦✦✦✦

3:18 p.m.

I waited in the airport, holding a bouquet of purple roses for Chris. I knew she was expecting Neveah, but hope she wouldn't be  disappointed when she saw me instead.