Chapter 2- Long day Short day

Sadly, I didn't get adopted either, for I had left the orphanage when I was fifteen.

I didn't know anyone in the world nor did I want to make friends with anyone, because some time or the other, it brought me only pain.

Now, at nineteen, I realized how quickly time passed.

I kept that piece of paper in my locket, my mom had given me on my 8th b'day. I had opened it recently and I knew it was time for me to travel back and seek the untold truth behind the murder of my family.

So now I here I was, finding myself travelling back to the devil's den, Once again...

I was completely nervous with thousands of questions running in my head.

What if they find me and try to kill me again? My life was serene for the past ten years and I didn't want to lose the calmness again.

Thinking about all these, I let out a deep sigh.

They can't find me, I reassured myself. I was a boy now; I was disguised as a boy and no one could know the real me.

Mr Jihoon, my one and only friend, who owned the coffee shop I used to work part-time at knew this. He knew my story by heart.

He was the only person I trusted.

He helped me to make myself a fake identity card and all the certified documents that followed. I was not y/n anymore.

I was Moon Yeong Seok, a nineteen-year-old boy.

I got down from the last bus stop, finally reaching my destination. The sun was taking leave from it's work during the day. The heat of the sun was now mounted by the coldness of the night. My luggage was so heavy to be lifted. Without having any other choices left, I just carried them on my own with great difficulty. Damn, I had to bring all this stuff with me, like seriously?

Taking a deep breath, I looked around.

I felt a little familiar as vague fragmented memories resurfaced. This is the place where both my best and worst memories were buried. This is the same place I left ten years ago.

First thing's first, I still had to find the apartment Ji hoon rented me. Looking at the parchment on my hand, my finger ran along the scribbled words to read the directions that were given. I was in an urge of moving fast cause it was already getting dark. It didn't look like the sunlight will last long.

I removed my cap and ruffled my hair, running my hands through it.

I cleared my throat nervously. It was beneficial since I already had a low voice.

"Uhmm" I coughed and once again cleared my throat, tuning the vocal strings, trying to make it sound more low and raspy.

Being a clumsy person already, I was having a hard time finding which street was which. Dang it, was it a left I had to go earlier? Wait no, it was a branch route, A frustrated groan escaped me. Already fucking up from the start,

I paid attention to a lady who was passing by me. Seeing that it was a chance, I immediately decided to ask her for help. I walked towards the small figure of the woman.

"Umm... excuse me, mam? Can you tell me where this place is?" I asked, letting her get a glimpse at the address written on top of the paper. She tilted her head and squinted her eyes at the paper. Within five seconds she smacked her lips and shook her head like she was confirming herself about what she thought.

"Walk straight and take two rights. It's right in front of the comic book shop" Comic book shop, right..Ok Y/n, you are almost there.

While I was resolving my tangled brain ,her sharp eyes scanned my head to toes. I could see her shooting glances at me from the corner of my eye.