Chapter 66 - Checkmate

The door kicked opened, revealing two men. The blue haired guy was pointing his gun at the man under his custody. Both of them looked like they were attacked by a pack of wolves. Blood was dripping down Taehyung opened cut in his forehead. But the other guy looked more injured than him. Blasted lips were covered with blood while his clean shirt was stained with mud and blood. One of his legs seemed to be badly wounded cause a huge area of his leg was soaked with blood, patching his pants with red shade.

Ki Sung's face turned pale when he saw his son struggling to get out from Taehyung's grip. Even Taehyung looked like a mess because of the smudge all over his face and clothes, his lips were curved to a victorious grin.

Others turned their heads towards him with half surprised and half relieved seeing him safe. Even after seeing his son, Ki Sung didn't take the gun away from Jimin, but I could see a slight shake in my uncle's hand. Hyuk glanced at his father pleading forgiveness from him,

"Father, forgive me, I failed you," he said in a dry raspy voice. He was worn out because of exhaustion. The bruises in the right side of his face was turning light purple, making his face swollen.

"Players gotta play, right boss?"Taehyung chuckled from his deep voice.

Ki Sung gulped, curving his free fist to a ball. His bloody sockets landed on me. He scoffed trying to laugh, In every fucking situation this freak tries to laugh,

Jungkook's patience was exceeding its limits, "Don't you dare fucking try to laugh right now!" He growled at the elder man who was eyeing me.

Namjoon stepped forward from his place and motioned his finger towards his orange striped hair partner. The man who was holding Jimin down was still gripping his hands back tightly not letting him loose. But he was glancing at Ki Hyuk who was unable to move because of his wounded leg. Namjoon cleared his throat and gained Ki Sung's attention towards him,

"You let go of Jimin," he turned in to Hyuk, pointing at him, " We let him off the hook, what do you say, boss? Sounds like a fair deal don't you think?" Namjoon gave him a toothy grin showing his dimples. Ki Sung wasn't laughing anymore. He was fuming with anger. He was staring at me, clenching his jaws, still not wanting to believe that I beat him.

He knew that he had to step down but still he was trying to be bold. He was dwelling in his thoughts, bemused with what to do. Look who's checkmated now. Hyuk was hissing and groaning in both pain and pique because of letting his father down. He was sending me vicious glares, but I only gave him a pity glance along with a smirk. I turned towards Ki Sung,

"Give up uncle, oh what's the word you said Mmm.."I nibbled my chin before, glancing at him with a sneer grin. I snapped my fingers,

"Oh yeah, Checkmate," he clenched his jaws together without uttering a word.

"Shut up you little insect!"Hyuk barked at me, trying to leap on me. Taehyung tightened his grip on him and shoved him to the floor,

"You don't have permission to talk here" he clutched from Hyuk's shirt, making him kneel on the floor. He groaned in pain as he hurt his leg.

Namjoon turned to the other man,

"Ki Sung, it's enough, enough of everything. Your era has come to an end. You aren't immortal, you can't stand like you used to do forever," he talked in his deep voice, while Ki Sung stood there without affording to talk. Other boys were alert and ready with their weapons. Jungkook looked like he could leap on Ki Sung anytime. The only thing that was stopping him from doing was Jimin's state. Jimin kept hissed at the man as he tightens his grip on him.

Ki Sung looked at me and started clapping taking his gun away from Jimin, I felt relieved for a second.

"Well played Y/n, Well played," he laughed, giving a appulse like he was stunned by my acts.