chapter 5

An unknown fear erupted inside Vaishu looking at her newlywed husband who was burning her alive with his intense gaze. Anyone looking at his face could read the hatred he was giving at his newlywed wife.

Looking at his hatred Vaishu once again ran her eyes through his face trying to remember him.

No, I don't know him, not even his name.

After tying mungalsuthra a garland was given to both Vaishu and her newlywed husband. Someone instructed them to exchange that, Vaishu put the garland with shaking hands around his neck and he did the same.

The priest blessed them after the simple ceremony. Vaishu could hear the people gathered there mostly strangers who came for praying to bless and to wish her. She just stood there without moving like a statue.

Suddenly a rough hand grabbed her left upper arm and yanked her to move forward. The hold was more rough and painful than her stepmother's. It didn't take her much time to know the person holding her was her newlywed husband. He went near an office inside the temple without loosening the hold.

Someone came outside from the office holding a large book that looked like a register. Leaving Vaishu's hand her newlywed husband received the book from the office staff and filled something. After signing on it, he gave that to Vaishu.

Harish Krishna

Vaishu read the name of her husband from the register. She mentally laughed at her state of know her husband's name after marriage through a register book. After filling and signing her column she returned the book to the office staff.

Immediately after returning the book, she felt Harish's hold on her upper arm as hurting as before. Without giving any time to understand what happened, he forcefully yanked her and strode to his car.

Before opening the codriver seat Vaishu's father came there running.

"What?" Harish shouted at her father's face with extreme hatred.

Vaishu was getting scared with each and every move of her newlywed husband.

"You didn't give me the money as we agreed?" Vaishu's father said looking at Harish making vaishu shocked to the core. She felt numb knowing her father sold her for money.

She felt Harish's hold on her hand loosening. "Get in," he said still maintaining the hatred in his voice. Vaishu obeyed his order like a slave.

After making her sit in the codriver seat Harish opened the back door and took something wrapped in a cover and gave it to her father. She saw everything through the side mirror.

I'm sold to him.
This time realization made her laugh at her own life.

She didn't see or hear anything after that as she knows very well that she didn't have any energy left for another realization.

Harish got inside after talking to Vaishu's father. Vaishu felt his gaze on her but didn't make an effort to look at his face.

Before starting the car Harish forcefully made her look at his face holding her face with his thumb and index finger. She tried to release his hold due to the pain he was inflicting.

"Don't try to jump out of the car... I didn't buy you to do the funeral rites... I want you alive... Got it!" He shouted at her face making her flinch still not loosening his hold.

"Did you get it!" he repeated when he didn't get an answer by tightening his hold.

Vaishu nodded her head positively to get rid of his hold as soon as possible.

"Words...! I need words..." He repeated looking deep into her eyes.

"Yes..yes.." She answered severely shaking like a scared kitten with tears falling from her eyes uncontrollably.

Harish left her and concentrated on his driving when he got the answer from her.

Vaishu sat there not raising her head with silent tears wetting her cheeks. She shivered in between her silent cries thinking about Raghu and her current situation.

She swallowed the questions 'who are you? Why did you do this to me?' Thinking about the consequence of asking that at the demon sitting beside her.......................

Please do vote and comment your opinion about the story♥♥♥

I don't know whether I would be able to finish the next chapter on tomorrow but will try to update as early as possible♥♥♥