chapter 7

Vaishu felt exhausted sitting there without eating or drinking anything. The wooden luxurious wall clock hanged there showed 4:42 pm. She remembered the time when Harish dropped her at that house, that was nearly noon.

Vaishu was sitting at the same place for nearly 5 hours and nobody asked her whether she needed anything, she was also scared to ask anything to them; even a drop of water.

The lady she saw earlier who seemed like their servant, took food for Harish's mother to her room. His mother not even once came out of the room. And the servant lady pretended like she didn't see Vaishu.

While sitting there. She again ran her eyes through the room, small photo frames hanged here and there near the stairs caught her attention; to look at the photos she went near that. That was Harish's sisters, in one of the photos she looked very familiar. In that picture, she was wearing a school uniform by looking at that Vaishu understood that she studied at the same school as Vaishu but she didn't remember much about her it's just the face looked familiar.

From there, the kitchen area and dining room were visible to her. There she saw a glass jug with water in it and tumblers were also kept on the dining table. Without thinking much she took the jug and drank the water greedily to quench her thirst.

Neither Harish's mother nor the servant women saw her as they were inside Harish's mother's room. It was a great relief for her that no one was there.

After drinking the water, she went back to the sofa where she had been sitting before. Her mobile phone was dead due to low battery so she couldn't call her friend Midhuna and ask anything about Raghu.

Her heart started pound very hard with she thought of Raghu. She wished if she had the courage to end her life.

'But, I don't have the courage to do that.' She thought. She slowly fell asleep, paralyzed by endless thoughts.

She woke up in shock when she felt cold water fell on her face. She saw Harish standing in front of her holding an empty water bottle in his hand, when she opened her eyes in shock.

Looking at his face which was darkened with anger a shiver ran through her spine. Near to him, she saw another young man who was similar to Harish's age. But that person's face didn't show any hatred towards her like the other three persons in that house. For a moment she felt as there was sympathy for her in those eyes.

"Who gave you the permission to sit here?" He shouted at her making her flinch.

She just stood there looking down without facing him with a trembling body.

"Harish leave her," the man who came with him said, stopping him from doing anything further to her.

"Leave me, Eric...you don't..."

"Please calm down Harish...just hear what I have to say," Eric told to Harish holding Harish's hand and leading him to his mother's room.

Vaishu stood where she was, watching them walking towards the room. When they opened the door she saw a girl lying on a medical bed. She looked like Harish's sister who Vaishu saw earlier in that photo. But Vaishu didn't try to think much about it as her thoughts are clouded with Raghu.

When Harish and Eric entered the room they saw his mother sitting at the end of the bed weeping silently.

"Amma..." Harish's called her in a painful voice.

"Don't call me that...I have only one child...get out!" both Harish and Eric got startled at her reaction.

"Amma...what are you saying? What did I do for you to say this?"

"Didn't you do anything? Why did you marry the girl who made our Haritha like this?" She shouted at him pointing to his paralyzed sister....................

Friends, please vote and comment your opinion about the story that will be encouraging.

I know this story has only a few readers but I'm happy with that... And I will try to give updates daily from now on...