chapter 18

Seeing the person in front of her Lekshmi gave a surprised smile "come inside Sruthi"

"Hai aunty, how are you? I missed you soo much." Sruthi pouted hugging Lekshmi.

Lekshmi hugged her back and kissed her forehead. "You should have come here often dear... Who else do we have besides you to look for us?"

"It's not that... I... I want to see you aunty but how can I come here and see my best friend bedridden... I still can't digest the fact that this had happened to my Haritha..." Hearing what Sruthi said tears started to form in her eyes.

"Come here dear... don't you want to see Haritha...? My child will be very happy to see her best friend after a long time..." Lekshmi said consciously hiding her tears.

"Ah...hm... no aunty I will see her next time..."

"Why? What happened dear...?"

"Aunty, I don't want to see her like this... I will come to see her once she starts to walk and talk like before... I will wait for that day."

"Can't you just see her once...? She will be very happy that you came to see her."

" I don't want to replace the Haritha in my mind aunty, who will sing and dance like a beautiful butterfly," Sruthi said in a sad tone denying Lekshmi's request to see Haritha.

That's when Vaishu coming down stairs caught Sruthi's attention.

Vaishu stood there for a moment not knowing whether to go down in front of them or to go back to her room seeing Lekshmi talking to a girl who she hadn't seen in that house before.

After standing there for a while Vaishu decided to go downstairs and got engaged with her works. She started to mop the floor ignoring Sruthi's constant stare.

"Who is that aunty? Is she your new servant?" Shruti asked Lekshmi, dislike was evident in her voice.

For a second Lekshmi got confused about what to tell her about Vaishu.
Making up her mind she said "she is my daughter-in-law, Vaishnavi"

"What?" Many expressions painted Sruthi's face as if hearing something that should not be heard.

At the same time, Vaishu could not believe what she heard. She felt like a joy of lighting passed through her hearing Lekshmi addressing her as daughter-in-law. She went back to what she was doing hiding her tear of happiness.

Sruthi being not able to digest the fact that Harish was married, that also to Vaishnavi left from there after saying goodbye to Lekshmi.

Getting inside her car Sruthi dialed a number, putting the phone to her ear she talked to the person on the other end "Are you even bothered about what is happening here..... I saw that Vaishnavi at Harish's house..... no, I'm not...... they got married..... you better watch their moves"

_________________________________

Lekshmi waited for Harish to talk about Vaishnavi, she wanted to send her to college. Lekshmi was not at all interested in the revenge game of Harish. Even if he took revenge on Vaishu it won't give back her daughter.

Harish's car entered the compound at a high speed. Stopping the car he entered into the house in a rush not bothering to look at Lekshmi who was waiting for him.

Vaishu who was standing at the balcony was not aware of his arrival. Hearing things breaking sound from Harish's room Vaishu went there in a hurry to see what happened.

Vaishu got startled for a second when she saw Harish there, that was not his usual time to come home. Seeing him there with reddened eyes and prominent vein in the forehead she felt like he was about to burst from rage.

Feelings her presence Harish turned towards her gritting his teeth.
Vaishu didn't feel scared because of his appearance as she was familiar with his sudden outburst. But what confused her was the reason for his sudden change in behavior.

Without wasting any time Harish strode towards her, within a blink of a second Vaishu was slammed to the wall. She felt suffocated and tried to release his hand which was grabbing her neck and choking her.

"Who is that bastard? So you got the nerve to send him to me... I will show you who I am..." Harish raged at her tightening his hold, his voice was dangerously cold. Vaishu's face became reddened and her eyes got welled up with tears due to the lack of oxygen.

"Leave me... leave..." Vaishu said in a fragile voice trying to release his hold. Seeing her response getting reduced Harish released his hold making her fell sliding through the wall due to lack of strength. Vaishu started to cough miserably lying on the floor.

"Who is he?" Harish asked her again kneeling in front of her. She looked at him miserably not knowing what he was asking.

"Who is Raghu?" Harish repeated clearing her doubts........................

Please vote and comment
and support♥♥♥