chapter 46

"OK sir, don't worry.................... it's just a simple task for me.................... I will trap her smoothly......................... That Vaishnavi will be in your arms within two hours..." Ending Pridhvi's call Raghu laughed wickedly.

"Who is it, Raghu?" His friend who was sitting near him asked him looking at him laughing like a manic.

"It's my boss... He gave me a new work... It's a big jackpot... Not only money now my boss is also giving me a chance to taste the items..." He said in a dirty way liking his lips.

"What about the college girl who died 4 days before...? Aren't you scared of this kidnapping business...?" His friend asked Raghu indicating Sruthi's death.

"Ohh that... I won't do anything without planning...That girl was not in a good relationship with her family... So no one will go behind the investigation... And our lazy police will close the case without any problem."

Without wasting any time he took his phone to send a voice message to Vaishu 'Vaishu it's Raghu... Please help me... I don't know anyone else to ask this... My mother is at the hospital... I need some money immediately please help me Vaishu... only you can help me... I will be waiting for you near General Hospital...' saying those words he send the voice message to her number.

"You're great Raghu..." His friend sitting near him, appreciated him tapping on his shoulder.

_____________________________

Vaishu heard her phone vibrating when she was attending the lecture.  Hearing the single vibration beep Vaishu had an urge to look at the message, thinking that it must be from Harish. She leaned down to take her mobile from her bag when the teacher turned towards the blackboard.

"Vaishu, what are you doing?" That question was from her friend Midhuna.

"Midhu, my phone vibrated... I think it's Harish." She answered taking the phone from her bag. Meanwhile, the lecturer was busy writing phonetics on the board.

Midhuna grabbed the phone from her hearing her answer. "You're not at all being attentive in the classroom... You can text him later..." Glaring at her Midhuna put the phone in her bag.

"Please, Midhu..." Vaishu pleaded at her showing her puppy eyes. But another sharp glare from Midhuna made Vaishu concentrate back on the lectures.

As it was the last period Vaishu waited for the class to get over to know what the message was, without knowing that it was a trap for her from Raghu.

Her eagerness and thoughts about the message vanished slowly when the lecture continued. She didn't think about the phone which Midhuna took from her while leaving the classroom.

"Vaishu, don't forget about the annotation assignment... tomorrow was the last date..." Midhuna reminded her before parting away from the college gate.

"Midhu... My phone..."

"Oh...I forget..." Midhuna took the phone from her bag. "Why are you being this nervous about a message Vaishu... Aren't you going to see Harish when you reach home...?" Looking at her eagerness without giving the phone back Midhuna teased her.

Vaishu pouted at her hearing what she said. "He is not even talking to me since 3 days... don't you know it's been 3 days since Haritha was admitted to the Ayurvedic hospital... so he was running behind it and also was busy with the works at the office." Vaishu complained to Midhuna trying to grab the phone from her. Once she got it she opening the watsapp to see the message.

"Ahh..." Vaishu lost her balance and the phone which she was holding in her hand slip out from her hold when a student ran to catch the bus got bumped on her.

Vaishu looked at Midhuna sadly looking at the phone's screen which was crashed into so many pieces.

"That was new..." her eyes got welled up thinking about how Harish will react when he gets to know that she broke the new mobile.

"Don't worry about it... he won't say anything..." Midhuna unconsoled her like reading her thoughts.

Giving an end to her thoughts Vaishu put her phone inside her bag. She called Harish from Midhuna's phone as she don't know her driver's number. She hoped Harish to pick her from college but he just said that he will send the driver as he had a meeting.

By talking to Harish, Vaishu understood that the message was not sent by him. Even though she could understand his busy schedule somewhere it made her disappointed, the absence of him even though he was near her.

Letting her thoughts flow through her mind she reached home in the car Harish sent.

After taking a bath she went to the kitchen to cook dinner for Harish, cook Geetha was not there. Geetha went with Lekshmi for helping her.

Vaishu first decided to cook his favorite butter chicken but then she backed off from her decision when the thought of his favorite foods she cooked it the two days came to her mind. Harish didn't even taste that, he came home very late and also ate dinner outside.

With a disturbed heart, she laid down on the couch listening to her favorite songs playing on the television.

A warm touch on her cheek made her open her eyes. She couldn't believe her eyes seeing Harish sitting in front of her. Her mind which refused the reality made her close and open her eyes a few times.

Harish knitted his eyebrows seeing what she was doing. "Are you not well...? Why are you lying here without putting on the lights...?" He asked checking her temperature by placing his palm on her forehead and neck.

Hearing his question Vaishu looked at the clock. Seeing the time her eyes widened, it's 8:30 pm. 'Did I sleep till now?' She asked herself worriedly.

"What happened Vaishu...? Where is your phone...? Why you call me from Midhuna's phone...?" Harish's questions came one after another ending her thoughts.

"It... It got broke..." She hesitated thinking about his reaction.

Looking at her face Harish understood that she was scared. "Is it a big deal Vaishu...? do you think I will shout at you for that...?"

His words eased Vaishu's heart, she looked at him without blinking her eyes; compensating for his absence for three days.

Something in his heart got heated with her deep stare, "why are you looking at me like that...?" He asked huskily holding her face in his palms.

"I... I missed you Harish..." She hugging him tightly falling on his chest.............................................