chapter 37

"Are...are you...taking care of me...because....because of pity..." She said hiccupping heavily due to crying.

Harish was shocked by her sudden question. Words got stuck in his mouth not knowing what to say or how to convince her. 'should I say that, because you're my wife? But how will she react? Will she accept me?' he asked himself.

In the days together with Vaishu, Harish came to know more about her. She was still a child who was yearning for her mother's love. The child inside her, unknown for the outer world was now familiar to Harish. During the nights spent together in that bed when he hugs her softly like a child, he had heard her calling 'amma' in her sleep many times.

When  Harish was immersed in his thoughts not knowing what to say, Vaishu's gaze was fixed at him hopefully.

"Why are you taking care of me?" Vaishu repeated the question, this time her voice got broke many times with an urge to cry. Harish's silence was scaring her. She was scared about his answer and about how it was going to hurt her or disappoint her because he was her last hope to live.

'I should not have asked that... he is taking care of me because of pity, I should have understood...' Vaishu wiped her tears pressing the palm of her hand hard on her face leaning away from him.

But before Vaishu could move away from him, his hands covered her like a protective covering making her sit close to him. His sudden action made Vaishu confused because she already fixed in her mind that he doesn't have any feelings for her.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked him slowly, her voice was lifeless.

"I am doing this to you because you are my life... my breath... my soul... my everything..." his eyes got wet with the trace of tears when he said those words sincerely from his heart.

He didn't get any other sincere words to express what truly feels. What he said was true; she was his life, the girl who was no one to him was now the life of Harish Krishna.

Vaishu sat in the bed in his arms, feeling safe hearing his heartbeat, not moving away from this presence. She being not protesting or shouting at him give him a new light of hope. 'She will accept me' his mind said to him.

______________________________

On the next day, Rishi was busy with the investigation of old case of Harish's sister and also he had to handle many other cases coming to his station. He would update Eric if he got any new information about the old and new cases. The evidence he was getting along with the help of investigator Bala was giving him a trace of involvement of Pridhvi.

Rishi stood up from his chair closing the file he was going through annoyingly getting disturbed by some noise outside.

"Murthi, who was that?" He asked the police constable Murthi, seeing a girl looking like in her early twenties shouting at a lady police officer there.

"You don't know who my father was. Do you know my family background?......." The girl shouted at them not even considering that she was at a police station.

"That was a drunk and drive case sir... she hit a school boy by entering into the wrong side with her car... and also slapped the mother of the boy when she questioned her about her irresponsible driving." PC answered him everything in detail.

"How is the boy?"

"It was not a deep injury sir... just some scratches on his knees and elbows... he was alright now... the mother didn't give any complaint but we had to bring her here because of the problem she made there blocking the road making traffic block." the PC answered.

"We cannot file a charge sheet if no one complaint about her then why did you bring that girl here... she is looking like a college girl you should have called her parents getting their number..." Rishi said getting irritated by the noise she was making inside that police station. He moved towards her creasing his temples.

The girl got calmed a bit seeing the young hot Rishi walking towards her in his police uniform. She licked her lips with the thought of many dirty things going through her mind.

"What is your name?" Rishi asked the girl.

"I am Shruti... Sruthi nayakam..." she said giving him a sexy smile "daughter of Raja Nayakam owner of Raja Nayakam Industries... Relative of Harish Krishna owner of softnix IT solutions..." she added giving him a challenging look.

Rishi was very calm hearing her details, he understood that she was saying that only to show him how rich and powerful she was. But hearing that she was the relative of Harish made him confused, he never heard of such a relative before.

Harish had told him many times that he had many relatives in his family in the business field so Rishi didn't give that much importance thinking she might be any distant relative of him. But what confused Rishi more was he felt like he had seen her before but didn't remember when and where.

"Give me your father's number... I will call him and send you with him..." Rishi said calmly.

"Why should I call him...? I didn't make any mistake your men just caught me thinking that I a terrorist..." she said mockingly and laughed at her joke by herself.

Rishi felt like he would slap her any instant seeing her disobedient behaviour but controlled himself. "Give me your father's number... don't make me repeat things... this is not your school this is a police station," he said in a hard tone.

Shruti stood there not giving any importance to Rishi's words making him angry. He snatched her handbag and searched for her mobile getting irrigated with her behaviour.

But what he got from that bag shocked him, it was a white bottle of pills similar to the one Harish was having before the incident.....

Dedicated to Sravya-72