chapter 8

"Didn't you do anything? Why did you marry that girl who made our Haritha like this?" Harish's mother yelled at him pointing at his paralyzed sister.

"Yes, I married her because I don't want her to live a peaceful life after destroying my sister's life..."Harish shouted back with the same tone.

"Enough! will you both stop this..." Eric interrupted them. Then only they realized what were they saying in front of Haritha.

Harish looked at Haritha and saw a lone tear escaping from her eyes while she was moving the fingers on her left hand and trying to move her facial muscles to say something. Seeing her struggling like this hurt him like hell.

Pulling a chair near the head end of the bed Harish sat there creasing her cheeks to wipe the tears "it's okay" he said in a most delicate voice and gave a small peck on her forehead making her calm down.

"Harish, why did you do that?", Harish's mother asked him calmly interrupting his thoughts.

"It's my punishment for her sins," he said in a calm but dangerous voice.
Without explaining much he got up to leave the room.  But Eric stopped him.

"Harish, I need to talk to you..."

"But, I don't want to hear you..." without hearing what Eric have to say Harish walk past him.

"What if she is innocent?" this time what Eric said stopped Harish. "Do you think your sister will ever forgive you for punishing an innocent girl like her?" Eric continued.

"How can you say that she is innocent? It doesn't mean she is innocent if you are not able to prove the case. It's because of your incompetence, not her innocence" Harish spatted at him.

"Just give me three more months Harish. I will find the real culprit." Eric pleaded at him.

"Hahaha...three more months...I gave you one year dammit... And what you did...? Nothing! The police can close the file saying it's a suicide attempt... But not me..."He paused for a moment to let out a sigh and continued, "now I will judge the guilty and her death will be at my hands..."

"Based on what evidence did you label her guilty? If it's in the name of that letter... you have to believe me, it's fabricated... Do you think that a poor girl like her can destroy all the evidence after doing a crime alone?... She was deliberately blamed by someone..." Eric said.

"If so, can you tell me who the real culprit is?....you can't right?... I gave this case to you without giving it to anyone else because of the faith I had in you"

"Harish, that's what I'm saying... I am a lawyer and in my experience I have never seen such a case where not even a shred of evidence remained... Don't you thought from where a letter suddenly came out in a case where the police themselves closed the investigation saying it was an accident due to lack of evidence?" Harish didn't have an answer for what Eric asked him.

Hearing what Eric said Harish's mother walked towards them, "Harish, just leave that girl dear. What if she is innocent like my daughter? I don't have the courage to see another girl in pain in front of my eyes..."

"She is not Amma, I will prove it now" saying that Harish went out of the room.

_________________________

Vaishnavi stood at the same place where she was before. She didn't dare to sit after what Harish said.

She stood holding the mungalsuthra in her hand praying to get rid of the feelings she had for Raghu. Even if it can't be called as true love as Raghu had for her, she also had feelings for him; the one we will have for the person who will support us in everything without even asking for it.
But now she wants to erase the feelings as she was someone else wife. Also, she prayed for Harish not to get affected by anything bad because of marrying a bad omen like her.

Suddenly she saw the door opening and Harish coming out of the room with reddened eyes and disheveled hair. Seeing him coming towards her she stepped back a little in fear............................

Friends, how was the chapter? I'm looking forward to your opinion about this chapter.

As I said I'm giving daily updates so
please do vote and comment♥♥♥