chapter 29

On the journey back to home Eric drove them in his car. Lekshmi sat in the codriver seat as she can't sit on the back seat for a long time due to her backache. Vaishu sat with Harish in the back seat without having any choice. Harish was well aware, how his presence was making Vaishu uncomfortable. The memories of their first journey played in his mind as the car moved through the road.

'I want this to be a new beginning Vaishu' Harish thought silently looking at Vaishu.

Harish waited to reach home to pour his heart out to her. He was not sure about how to initiate a conversation with her, their conversations in the hospital always ended up with two or three words.

On the other hand, Vaishu was confused thinking about what's next. For her Harish's house was a temporary shelter, their marriage was a mistake done by him under the influence of some drugs but now he was perfectly alright and came back to life. She concluded that once the criminal was caught she will be thrown back to the street.

_____________________________

Eric's office

Eric called Bala to his office after dropping Harish at his house, he already called Rishi and he would be present there within some minutes. When Eric informed Rishi about Bala, his private investigator who helped him to get some important details about Haritha's case Rishi wanted to meet him personally.

After some minutes of waiting, Rishi came to his office in his casuals. Bala who came to Eric's office got confused seeing Rishi there because all his meetings with Eric were very secretive in nature and no one will be there except for now.

Clearing all his doubts Eric introduced Rishi to Bala.

"Hello, Sir, it's my pleasure to meet you" Bala exchanged his greetings to Rishi before taking a seat.

Rishi inquired about all the details of Haritha's case that Bala investigated till that time. Rishi needed Bala's help in the further investigation as he was handling this case unofficially.

"Sir, now I am secretly investigating about the girl who came searching for the CCTV footage... according to the information given by that neighbor along with her, another girl came in school uniform of the same school where Haritha studied." Rishi listened to everything Bala said, analysing it carefully.

"You're doing a good job Mr. Bala, but going behind the girl who came for the footage two years back won't give anything good," Rishi said looking at Bala and Eric who were curiously listening to his words.

"Then what should we do?" Eric raised the question unable to hide his curiosity.

"You said Harish got a footage that shows as Vaishnavi was involved in this case just after showing some changes in his behaviour right?" Eric nodded at Rishi's question. He continued "we have to find out who send that footage to Harish because it is easy to find the person who send this two months before than searching for a person who came 2 years before."

Eric and Bala agreed with what Rishi said. They know how crucial the time they have now in their hand. If they took time in catching the person behind this, their enemy will get a chance to destroy Harish, it may even lead to his death.

_____________________________

Silence embraced the atmosphere in Harish's house since he came back from the hospital. Harish immersed himself in muteness as he didn't want to exchange words with anyone, he only gave answers for what his mother asked. Even his silence disturbed Lekshmi but she didn't express it as she know how his health condition and mental state were.

Vaishu spent her time in the kitchen after they came, not being able to go in front of Harish. She did all the household chores without even asked for.

In between the situations that came up her silent cries became inaudible for the people around her. 'Is there anyone to hear me?' She thought sadly. No one, no one was there to lean on, no one was there to listen. Knight with shining armor will appear only in stories but in real life, only our shadows could console us.

She wanted to hug her mother and cry her heart out but only had a ring in the memories of her mother. A tear fell on the ring she was wearing giving her messages to her mother. 'Amma, I want to give up' her heart spoke unable to bear the pain.

"Vaishu..." Harish's voice woke her up from her dream.

Putting the plate she was washing back to the sink Vaishu turned around to face him.

"Did you eat anything? Amma slept after having her medicine... You must be tired...go and have something, Geetha aunty will do the remaining work tomorrow" Harish said breaking the silence. He waited for her to say something but she only nodded at his word. He stepped back to his room with a heavy heart not getting any words from her. He knew, he deserved it.

Harish arranged everything for tomorrow's office, as decided with Eric and Rishi, Harish was going to office from tomorrow. He didn't forget to take his anxiety pill bottle which was now filled with dummy medication. 'Now it's my turn to pay back' he said holding the pill bottle.

Vaishu after having dinner was confused about where to sleep. She was scared about Harish's reaction so she decided not to go to his room. She sat on the sofa with a heavy heart not knowing where she will go after they arrest the criminal...

This chapter dedicated to,
prateekshaz09
Sravya-72