chapter 2

"Vaishu..." she heard Raghu's voice from the other side. The strong muscular voice which soothed her on her difficulties.

Vaishnavi wiped her tears and smiled with the hope that he will save her.

"Ra...Raghu.." Her voice broke as she cried.

"Vaishu...are you crying...don't tell me that witch beat you..." Raghu sounded mad but it had the care for her.

"No, Raghu... they... didn't beat me but... they are planning... to get me married." She spoke to him in between her weepings.

"What! What are you saying?" He sounded shocked.

"Yes, Papa and Manjula ma told me this"

"That witch, don't call her amma... she doesn't deserve to be called like that. Did they told you anything else when are they planning the engagement?... You do one thing just collect some details of the groom's side... I will talk to them personally before they proceed this to engagement." Raghu's pain was evident in his voice.

"They have planned my marriage tomorrow Raghu...please...save me...please...." This time her sobs become heavier.

On the other end, her words shocked Raghu to the core. He was confused about what's next.

"It's okay...don't cry... I won't let anyone play with your life when I'm alive." his words were strong.

His words were powerful enough to erase the sadness that was in her mind. She wiped her face while holding the phone tightly like she was holding onto him.

" I will come to your house tomorrow morning... Be ready to come with me Vaishu, let's get married...I'm there for you." Vaishnavi was silent as she didn't get any words due to some unknown feelings building up in her mind.

After talking to Raghu, Vaishu was relieved. She didn't go out of the room not even to eat something and also her father and stepmother were not concerned about that. They only wanted to do this marriage as the guy told them. It was a big jackpot that they can never be dreamed of.

Vaishnavi spent the whole night sitting at a corner of her room, sleep was nowhere near her. Her mind was filled with the events that were going to happen tomorrow. She will be Mrs. Raghu, 'Do I love him?' She asked herself.

Raghu was five year's older than her, she know him from her school days. He runs a tailoring shop opposite her school, he could not study after plus two. But she believes that he will support her to continue her studies and that's also a reason for her to ask for help from him and he loves her more than anyone could.

But marrying him was a difficult thing for her, she was not ready for that. 'But I don't have any other choice' she mumbled

With the thought of continuing her studies she took two large plastic bags and her college bag and packed her books very carefully along with that she packed some of her clothes leaving most of them which are worn out.

After arranging everything she checked the time on her old Nokia phone which showed 2:46 am. Again she sat on the corner of the room where she was seating before.

Frequent knocking on the door made her wake up from her sleep. Sunlight entered the room through the window glasses. Only after some minutes, yesterday's events entered her mind. With all the thoughts she got up from the floor like someone poured water on her face.

She could hear her stepmother's voice from the other side. She was shouting to get ready within 30 minutes.

Making up her mind Vaishnavi got ready within 30 minutes. She looked like a perfect bride wearing the red-colored saree and jewels they gave. But one thing was different she was not getting ready to marry the groom they chose but to start her life with a person who love her more than anyone could..........