chapter 48

Raghu tried to open his eyes when a bucket of water was splashed on him. But failed miserably as his heavy eyelids were not helping him and also the bright light hanging in front of him was making it more painful for him.

  He was tied up on a chair with his hands tied with the arms of the chair not letting him move even an inch. His eyes were swollen due to the special treatment he got from the police. The mild movement of his chest inhaling and exhaling was the only movement from him, showing that he was alive.

Rishi went near to his chair watching him struggling to breath but it didn't make him feel bad about his condition because he knew very well he deserved this.

"So, Mr.Raghu... can we move on to our conversation?" Rishi asked tapping on his cheek hardly. Raghu opened his eyes with difficulty when he felt the hard tap which was similar to a slap from Rishi.

The bright light was making it difficult for Raghu to see who was standing in front of him. He made his vision clear by closing and opening his eyelids several times. When his eyes captured a clear image of the person standing in front of him, he asked, "what do you want...?"

"So, you don't know what I want from you... ok... do you know the girl named Sruthi...?" Rishi asked sitting on the chair in front of Raghu.

Hearing the name Sruthi and seeing the colour of the pant and the boots Rishi was wearing, Raghu understood that he was a police officer; even though he was not in his police uniform.

Understanding the situation he answered, "I don't know..." it won't take much time for Raghu to plot a lie because he was very efficient in that.

"So, you don't know... fine I will meet you after 30 minutes..." Rishi started to walk out of the darkroom saying that.

When he reached near the door he paused there for a second and turned back to another police officer standing in the room. "You should make him ready to vomit all the truth when I come back after 30 minutes..."

_____________________________

'The number you're calling is currently switched off' the mobile phone in Pridhvi's hand broke down into several pieces, crashing on the wall when the robotic voice repeated the same thing for the fifth time.

"What happened Prithvi?" Vasuki, who was sitting near him was scared and shocked by his sudden change in behaviour. She was unable to comprehend the change in him, who was happy a few minutes before in the thought of the new girl who was going to reach his hand.

Without answering to Vasuki, Prithvi walked out of the room holding his hair in his fist tightly like a manic.

"Pridhvi..." Vasuki ran behind him sensing the situation was not right.

"Where are you going? I'm also coming with you..." Vasuki went to him when he opened the door of his car to get in.

Seeing Vasuki opening the passenger door, Pridhvi walked near her and grabbed her arm not letting her get in. "You stupid girl... I'm not going to play around... Don't try to follow me... Or else..." Warning her, he got inside his car and drove from her sight.

'No... I shouldn't let him touch, Harish!'

Calculating something in her mind Vasuki drove away in her car to execute her new plan.

____________________________

Next day

"Vaishu..." Harish walked downstairs calling her name.

'Where did she go?'

"Vaishu..."

"What Harish...? I'm here..." Hearing his voice Vaishu peeked out of the kitchen with a spatula in her hand.

"What is this Vaishu...? You don't have to cook, we can order breakfast from outside." He said sternly, walking near her.

"Don't you have classes today?" Harish asked her while keeping back the spatula she was holding on the kitchen counter and switching off the induction stove.

Vaishu bite her lips not knowing what to tell him. "Harish... I... I took leave today." She stammered.

"Why...?" He waited for her answer knitting his eyebrows.

"That... I... It's..." Her stammering got worse when she looked at his face.

'How could I tell him that it's paining?' She thought biting her nails.

Her behavior made him look at her suspiciously, "what wrong, Vaishu?"

"Harish... I'm not feeling well." She said hoping he won't ask anything else.

"What...! What happened...?" He lead her to the living room and made her sit on the couch. "You should have told me this..." He said while placing the palm of his hand on her forehead and neck, checking the temperature.

"Harish... I'm okay... It's just I'm feeling a little tired..."

"How can you say that you are okay? Anyone looking at your face can understand that you are not okay... Wait let me call our family doctor..." He said horrifying her.

"What...! Noo... Don't call anyone..." She grabbed the phone from his hand.

Seeing her doings Harish looked at her doubtfully. She hugged him tightly hiding her face in his chest not being able to withstand his gaze.

"Harish... It's... It's paining... I feel tired..." She said more like whispering.

It took him few minutes to understand what she was saying. It worried him.

Holding her on her shoulder he made her look into his eyes. "You should have stopped me last night... If it hurts you..."

His words made it more difficult for her to look into his eyes when he was mentioning about last night. "I'm alright Harish... It's just a little tiredness..." She again fell into his chest hugging him tightly, not wanting to leave the comfort his presence was giving..............................

Friends,
         Sorry for the late update... I'm not feeling well so couldn't write anything... I know it has been more than 10 days since I gave the last update of this story... That's why I came back with this small chapter...