Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Another Killer

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asked. He looks at you, but you didn't say anything. Hoseok looked at the door and stood up. A loud knock resonates through the room, and you stop Hoseok from opening the door.

You violently shook your head, "D-don't, p-please h-he's out there."

Hoseok, who heard what you had said, looks at Seokjin.

Seokjin, who seems to know what Hoseok was saying, stood up from the place. He held a familiar bloody kitchen knife and was ready to strike on whoever was at the door.

The banging was getting louder, and you stood in front of Seokjin, signalling him a big 'no'. But he told you to be quiet instead of handing you to Hoseok, who gladly took your hands. The room's atmosphere was tense, and every second pass was Seokjin closer to twisting the knob.

His finger twitch to the keys twisting it, the clicking sound of the door was heard, and you couldn't help to feel what's to come.

Seokjin was ready to lunge at the person Opening the door, But Seokjin had halt when a familiar face appeared in front of the door.

Jungkook's surprise face present in front of all of you. He was holding out a box as he staggers back out of shock.

"Jungkook..." you ran to him, helping him up. He was out of breath and was sweating a lot.

"Jungkook, you could have gotten killed! What is wrong with you?" Hoseok asked out of the blue, and Jungkook could only reply with a smile.

"Hoseok, I should be the one asking. I was trying to find you all before Namjoon hyung asking," he stood up, helping you in the process since your legs were still jelly after all of that, "Here, I was attacked by a knife. Oh, a box in front of the room."

"How did you know we were here?" Seokjin asks, grabbing your hand, putting you behind him.

"Woah, you need to chill, Seokjin," Jungkook laughs – "I didn't just a big guess. Yoongi escaped, Jimin franticly trying to find him, Namjoon thinks someone is helping Yoongi escape." He looks at you.

Hoseok, who looks at Jungkook, who was looking at you, stood beside you.

"You don't think she did it, don't you?" Hoseok cautiously asked Jungkook, who shrugs you and smile once again.

"Of course I don't, but I can't say for Namjoon hyung, he's stress, and I don't think stress looks good on hyung," Jungkook said.

Seokjin shook his head and grabs Hoseok and you to go. You were walking beside Seokjin before Jungkook stood in front of you.

"Aren't you going to open it?" Jungkook's voice resonate.

"I think this is for you," he handed you the box. Seokjin took caution, but you shook your head, you took the lightbox, slightly shaking it, and you could feel something gliding through the box. You read the top part to see it was indirectly given to you.

For Light On it's Way to the End of the Rainbow.

Opening the box, your body stops, you couldn't even smile anymore, or if it was something you should be afraid of, it was getting harsher every second. But you felt numb.

"Is everything alri –" Seokjin didn't even finish before he jumps back.

The delivered box was something predictable. The bloody hand was another trick.

The cut-up fingers and bloody hands were no surprise, you took the messy handwritten card from the box, and you look at the writing.

"You're next –" reading the card, flipping it back and forth. A chuckle escapes from your mouth as you put the box aside –" classic."

Hoseok, who was worried for you, took the box away and glare at Jungkook, who was suddenly quiet.

"Are you fucking me, that killer? I'll kill him and –" you had stopped Hoseok before he was ready to punch the wall.

"You don't need to do anything, he's playing tricks, and this is his way. It was childish, empty threats." You sadly chuckle, "Come on."

"You sure?" Seokjin looks back at you, and you nod your head. You grab his shirt and tug him a bit down, and whisper to his ears.

"If we get a chance, can you identify the body? The owner's missing a hand." You let go of your tug and begin walking to Jungkook, whose eyes had hardened to your figure. He was looking at you, and you smile at him.

"Namjoon wants me, doesn't he?" you gesture him to lead the way, Jungkook who was silent, could only turn and begin walking without another word to say.

You begin walking beside Jungkook, catching up to the boy.

"Come on, I don't need Namjoon blowing up again," You said.

Hoseok and Seokjin were beginning to worry for you. It was the reaction they didn't know you could muster up. It was tiring to understand all of this, but it was far more tiring to pretend that you were okay. Seokjin understood that what you had gone through was not your fault.

It was partly his for not protecting you enough. He should have stopped you that day when he saw you at the coffee shop. If you didn't stop to talk to him, you wouldn't have been in this mess. You would have been home by now.

But the unsettling thought just couldn't stop bothering him. If he hadn't talked to you that day, would you be here by now? Or something terrible would have happened to you, something much more than what you had gone through just now.

Hoseok was worried for you. He saw you that day struggling in the distance. He wanted to help you. Even when his thoughts were clouded with the ideas of protecting Taehyung, you were one of his sudden top priorities.

Mostly when Taehyung had decided he could play the hero and had died in the process, you were now his top priority. He was ready to give up everything, just like how Taehyung was. He was going to protect you, just like his brother did.

A/N: Hello how's the update so far? Here's a little snippet of the main's character background. I hope you understand, just want to remind you just a few more chapters until the ending so I do hope you'll love what I have in store.