Chapter 09

Chapter 9: Friend or Foe?

'Did you find anything there?'

       You look at Seokjin who was walking beside you, he was looking ahead while walking, you look at him confused but then he looks at you and nods his head straight.

'Don't let them know you know, look ahead, and don't question.' You didn't really exactly know what Seokjin was planning on, but you nod nonetheless.

'Did you find anything in there?' you look ahead, but you weren't too sure to tell Seokjin anything. You decide to play his games wanting to know what is up to his sleeves.

'I don't think I know what you are talking about,' you told him monotone,' and what position are you to ask me something like that?'

He gave you a sharp glance before looking ahead,' you are right I'm in no position to ask you something like this and I get that you don't trust me even a little bit.'

'You are not wrong, Seokjin.'

'Well I don't know how to make you believe me, but I need to know did you find something inside there?' He looks at you as he stops his track, he glances a bit on the ceilings and turns back to you, curious on why he was glancing, you were to look at his direction before he stops you.

'Don't... don't let them know, you know.' Trusting him this time you nod, you put your hands at fold and look at him.

'Even if I do find something inside there, why should I tell you? You all are acting weird and I know for sure I didn't become that lunatic's wife overnight, if you want something from me, you tell me first –' you look at him deadpanned –' why am I here?'

'That I don't know love... but you are valuable if I must say, Namjoon couldn't shut up about you and neither does Taehyung.'

'Why am I important, as far as I remembered, well before being poisoned with Taehyung's and the others words, I was just a normal working college girl, I'm not somebody important.'

'I would like to answer them to you, if I had known anything, believe me despite living in this house I don't know much.'

Not really trusting Seokjin on how bluntly he was at exposing whatever happens in the house, you decided to ask some question to the man.

'Then what are you here Seokjin? If you don't know anything, then why are you here... if you are put here you should have a purpose, am I right?'

'You are right, I do have a purpose, but it's not something that is significant to remember –'he stop himself –'you see, I'm just paying a debt to Namjoon's family, I have been abandon since a child and I don't think I'll be here if it wasn't for Namjoon's family, so I'm here in debt to pay for whatever the family had brought me in and as for the others... I'm not sure but I guess they are paying as well.'

'How long have you've been here Seokjin?'

Seokjin looks at you and smiles,' what's with the 21 questions?'

You shrug and decided to act monotone,' nothing... just thought if I'm living here I should know who I'm up against, I am the only girl in this place aren't I?'

He looks at you and tense,' yes... you are.' He took a deep breath,' it can't be helped then, as you were asking –'he stops to think about it for a moment –'I've been in this place from summer 02'

'It's been 18 years since you've been in this house?'

'Yes... I suppose so; I've lost my parents at such a young age.'

Remembering the news article that you found in Jimin's studies, you couldn't help to wonder if Seokjin is the missing person.

'And the others?'

'I'm not sure at all, but I do remember Yoongi and Jimin arriving the same time, the others had me blurred and I'm not really close with some of them despite living with them, and you did say you want to know us a bit more, you could use your question to them to start a conversation.'

You groan over the same answer as Namjoon, do I really have to ask like a mindless bird to you all my purpose in this house and about you guys, you thought.

'I really do wish I can help, but again I'm just a man in debt, nothing I can do.'

'But what does this have to do with me? Can't you just all let me go, whatever happening inside this house, I wouldn't tell any soul, I wouldn't even tell anyone you kidnapped me.,' you pleaded Seokjin as he looks at you.

'Well if you are expecting to free yourself from here, then good luck on that, you might think that inside this walls in prison, but I can assure you if you step outside here, you'll know the true meaning of prison and I'm sure Taehyung will gladly show you,' hearing the man of the house sure comforting, note to sarcasm.

'Taehyung... are you sure he's going to that? Despite being the bad guy in this situation and being weird, no offense you are all, he's the only one who actually shows emotion,' you said to him as he hum.

'How about Jungkook? Jimin perhaps don't you trust them?'

'They are nice and they also look harmless, but they are the kind of people I should look out even more vise versa with Hoseok and Yoongi,' you shrug.

Seokjin looks at you once again,' then do you trust me and Namjoon then?'

You scoff,' you? I don't, but seeing I'm comfortable talking with you and all I guess you're somewhere over the trust meter, but Namjoon? He's not someone I would like to mess with and I don't think I'll ever trust him a bit.'

'That seems fair.'

Silence took over the whole place again as you both stand in front of your room. Seokjin opens the door for you to step inside and he bows before going outside.

'Wait –'stopping Seokjin –'we- I just want to ask you something...'

He nods his head as he looks at you.

'Can I trust you?'

He smiles before closing the door.

Well, that didn't really answer your question at all, didn't it?