Downworlders: All Entries (Messidina Perlyne)

FORM

Lost in a crazy email account :? XD

Task 1: The Reaping

"Messidina Perlyne," the stupid women pronounced every bit of my name wrong. I made a mental note to kill her, not just for putting me in for the whatever-number Hunger Games it was – but for purely being one of them Capitol idiots who said my name wrong. It really isn't that complicated. Messy-dinner (anyone get it) for my first name. Pearl-in for my last name. I would never understand how some people could be so stupid. Nevertheless – I had to be one of them so I could win and take the Games by storm.

So instead of casually walking to the stage with my head down and showing absolutely no emotion, I bounded up like it was the best thing in the world and acted like I won an Oscar. I even gave that idiotic b*tch a kiss on the cheek – don't worry, I would sanitize my mouth later.

To make it worse, I had to wait while the other names were called. I had to keep a huge smile that hurt my cheek muscles – well, I'm a vampire, so not really – but it was a pain to act so happy. Seven other vampires made their way up to stand next to me, all wearing different emotions. This is why I enjoyed having no family. No one to care about – no one to love you.

"And that concludes the Reaping for this year's Games. Give a round of applause to your tributes!!" the escort shouted excitedly, though after about 500 years – the Games get old – so we were given the crappiest applause in the world. Yes, thank you fellow vampires for at least having the decency to not be as stupid as this Capitol blondie – but that's not calling you smart.

I tried my best not to strangle the Peacekeeper who grabbed my arm and led me out – though I had to at least punch him before he let go.

"Don't we get a better train?" I asked sadly as I twirled my hair at a guy called Liam.

"Don't be silly, dear!" my escort acted as if I were stupid – at least I fooled the dumbest person here, "This is only temporary, you and your friends get on a much bigger one shortly."

Good because I didn't want to spend however long with my 'friends' or they would end up dead before anything had even started. So I put on a thinking face.

"What does temporary mean?" I asked. I heard the others groan – that's what I feel like when I'm with you! I'm surrounded by a group of bird-brains here! One of the girl's stared at me, as if she were trying to read my mind – lucky of have my shield up, otherwise I'd have to kill her first. We got on to a small train that wasn't really as flash as I had expected. It had two plain couches facing each other with a mahogany small table in the middle. I squealed like a child and jumped onto the velvet couch.

"I love the stuff!" I exclaimed, running my hands along the fabric – really, all I could feel with the terrible feeling of mice droppings on the seat, ugh! Patrick walked over with his hands in his pockets and plonked down next to me – I had to move my hand, that's how close he was.

"Hi there, gorgeous." I whispered in his ear, he seemed unfazed, "You have a girlfriend?"

"No," he replied angrily. Well, what's got your nickers in a knot!?

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I muttered, but snuck I sideways glance. He rolled his eyes and walked away from me. I smiled to myself. Man, these people were easy to piss off.

**

"Now, this is the real train!" the escort breathed.

"It doesn't look very nice. There isn't any pink on it," I pouted. The escort gritted her teeth – I think she was trying hard not to bite my head off.